• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Built a bridge today using track hoe pads, need two more. Have to travel thru a swampy area to get to our plots. Man was it hot out there today. Cleared some more room in my plot. Going to raise shooting house up and move back.. Filled up feeders, changed batts, cameras, feeders. Bride disked up plots for planting chufulas. Hand seeded several large plots. Love my Bride. Worked from 9am to 9pm. Caught this odd stripe in the air just before we left camp, werid huh? ** oops just added pix.
    James, instead of asking for trackhoe pads ask for trackhoe or dragline mats. People in the construction industry will more likely know what you want.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    aw....but they are soo cute!!!!!
    James, instead of asking for trackhoe pads ask for trackhoe or dragline mats. People in the construction industry will more likely know what you want.
    James……..contact. superiormatco.com
    They are in Collins MS and may have some used ones for sale. They ain’t cheap when they’re new. You might can find a place in Alabama too. They are worth the money to people that work soft ground. Recently one of our crews tried to cross a wet spot without sending for mats. We now have a $150,000 hoe repair bill to pay. Glad I was in another state.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You got trees and brush ?? Just cautderroy it. Lighter on bottom(Yopon) to heaviest on top.
    BLACKJACK OAK IS THE BEST BESIDE PINE AND PINE IS A NO-NO-AS YOU KNOW. ( Sometimes I crack myself up) --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey Frank,found an older pic(on SD card) of a huge hog that we had coming in Ebro.
    Mind if I post it ?? I do not believe he was the bruiser that bent our winch pole. Looks even bigger. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hey Frank,found an older pic(on SD card) of a huge hog that we had coming in Ebro.
    Mind if I post it ?? I do not believe he was the bruiser that bent our winch pole. Looks even bigger. --- SAWMAN
    Hell I am not there anymore, post away this one?

Attachments

• crazy-pig-drunk-funny-photo.jpg
      crazy-pig-drunk-funny-photo.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 84

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You got trees and brush ?? Just cautderroy it. Lighter on bottom(Yopon) to heaviest on top.
    BLACKJACK OAK IS THE BEST BESIDE PINE AND PINE IS A NO-NO-AS YOU KNOW. ( Sometimes I crack myself up) --- SAWMAN
    Yeah, we tried that the telephone poles floated, then spun when driving over them. If we can get 2 more of the track pads the problem will be solved

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    James……..contact. superiormatco.com
    They are in Collins MS and may have some used ones for sale. They ain’t cheap when they’re new. You might can find a place in Alabama too. They are worth the money to people that work soft ground. Recently one of our crews tried to cross a wet spot without sending for mats. We now have a $150,000 hoe repair bill to pay. Glad I was in another state.
    I sunk a D3. It happens. I found a hole holding water on top of an unscreened grubbings pile that had blue clay mixed in it. It was dry material on top and I never saw it coming. Found the radio with my forehead. Peeled myself off the window in time to back it out the way I came. Go easy on him

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oyster shells. Get in good with a seafood company or restaurant and get their empty old shells for free. Just pile them on the wet spot. Worked in the swamps for the natives building dry land right off the bottom underwater for the last thousand years

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will start another thread under Hunting Talk.
    You guys ever here of a Clark 880 ?? I operated one up by Moose River ,Maine for several weeks.
    Uses 3/4" stainless steel cable on the rear winch drum.
    Problem is this. - -> if you ever managed to get it stuck,there wasn't a tree in that whole county that would stand the strain of the winch load.
    Got a pic of that bad boy somewhere. Gotta dig thru my sheet and come up with pics of my old besr doggin' days also.
    Will post in another thread. ---- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You level a pad to work off of with an excavator while you drive across the mats RR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom