• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You can turn a pistol into a rifle legally all day long. You cannot turn a rifle into a pistol though. Just add the new longer barrel and a new stock and bam, you've now got a rifle. The beauty of it is, it's a pistol that can be reverted back into a pistol at any time legally. Since it's a pistol, you can use a brace, and use any size barrel you wish if you don't like a 16" but also don't like a short 8 or 10, you can put an in between as long as you don't put a rifle stock on it while doing this.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a bit anal with laws since the Gov can manipulate them. I don't know a written Law that identifies "constructive possession" of individually legal parts placed in close proximity or control "creating an illegal item/condition: the ATF likes to reference such things. That said, when going through the "transition" I would ensure the stock was removed prior to changing to a sub 16 inch barrel and only installed after a 16 inch barrel was installed. It's commonly assumed that only "you" will know but you don't want to trip on your words trying to explain the process.

Some may defer to there are other applications for the parts while in transition. YMMV

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a bit anal with laws since the Gov can manipulate them. I don't know a written Law that identifies "constructive possession" of individually legal parts placed in close proximity or control "creating an illegal item/condition: the ATF likes to reference such things. That said, when going through the "transition" I would ensure the stock was removed prior to changing to a sub 16 inch barrel and only installed after a 16 inch barrel was installed. It's commonly assumed that only "you" will know but you don't want to trip on your words trying to explain the process.

Some may defer to there are other applications for the parts while in transition. YMMV
    Let's see what happens first, if anything at all.
    What is a CAR flash hider?
    It goes on a CAR-15
    The Colt Automatic Rifle-15 or CAR-15 was a family of M16 rifle based firearms marketed by Colt in the 1960s and early 1970s. However, the term "CAR-15" is most commonly associated with the Colt Commando (AKA: XM177); these select-fire carbines have ultrashort 10.5-inch (270 mm) and 11.5-inch (290 mm) barrels with over-sized flash suppressors.
    1617932431857.png

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I believe it is called constructive intent
    Yes but I changed it cause we all know what's on your mind. I've probably posted stuff I shouldn't but never directly said I'm going to do anything. There are some other members who have posted positively about send bachelor's or bring body bags. I wonder how all this will go with reg flags? When and how will they come, if they even do? Time will tell.
    Pretend to be a saint. Hopefully you'll stay off the radar.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Send bachelors.

I'll say it, without regret. I'm retired military.
    I have ZERO RESPECT for the spineless who would betray their oath and this Nation.

I took a public oath, and I honor it. My position on how to treat domestic enemies is a matter of public record.

I'm not a criminal.
    I'm not a terrorist.
    I refuse to be treated as one.
    I will defend myself and those I care about.

Send bachelors.

Edit to add: the only thing about my above statement that I'll apologize for is the fact that it doesn't really belong in this thread. I wearily followed the topic derailment. It's 2am. My apologies to the OP. Build your pistol with impunity. Seems like one day soon, the "AFT" won't care how you got there anyway: you'd still be a terrorist in their eyes.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    per https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/atf-p-5320-8pdf-0/download

The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over. Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and measured

JohnnyRebel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Boom, there you go. Thats why I build every one as a pistol.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just how many federal laws are constitutional? The NFA laws sure seem to me to be unconstitutional.
    Yes Sir, my point exactly. Just because a law is passed does not mean it is constitutional, although it certainly should be. Some will say that unconsitutional laws should be ignored. Can't argue against that. Problem (crime?) is, once a law hits the books, it is expected/required that it be enforced. Right or wrong, that continues unabated until a court stops it, if ever. The NAF you site being just one of many examples as it is without question, IMO, at the least undeniable infringement.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom