• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not to concerned with the gifts folks find in abandoned places left behind, who can say how those gifts came to be in abandoned buildings? Yet it's hard to keep up with loading all the mags that an M2 Carbine can expend. JMHO.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rebel_Rider1969 said:

In WROL it won't matter. Nor sbr, sbs, bump stock, binary etc...

true that
    Most people literally have no idea what typically happen in SHTF. Such events are common everyday events in africa and used to be common in past centuries in many parts of the world.

What typically happens is the best armed and organized group seizes control. Usually military. They seize the food. other vital supplies and control the roads & tax travelers. Woman are expected to pay in other ways. What makes any here think that the national guard and police are going to disappear. I predict in no time at all the other large groups like the churches would also organize themselves and have their own militias to protect their church and brethren. Some of the few crack pot groups might have angels of death to go after abortionists, heretics, and other people they disagree with.

htf1963

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rebel_Rider1969 said:

Most people literally have no idea what typically happen in SHTF. Such events are common everyday events in africa and used to be common in past centuries in many parts of the world.

What typically happens is the best armed and organized group seizes control. Usually military. They seize the food. other vital supplies and control the roads & tax travelers. Woman are expected to pay in other ways. What makes any here think that the national guard and police are going to disappear. I predict in no time at all the other large groups like the churches would also organize themselves and have their own militias to protect their church and brethren. Some of the few crack pot groups might have angels of death to go after abortionists, heretics, and other people they disagree with.

While that may be true, it really depends on who? is attacking your place. If the military were to do so you wouldn't stand a chance trying to defend your castle. Fire, grenade, whatever; you will come out. If it's roving gangs that's another scenario. But as in the underground French during WWII, there will be pockets of resistance; albeit, largely vulnerable in a world of drones , etc.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While that may be true, it really depends on who? is attacking your place. If the military were to do so you wouldn't stand a chance trying to defend your castle. Fire, grenade, whatever; you will come out. If it's roving gangs that's another scenario. But as in the underground French during WWII, there will be pockets of resistance; albeit, largely vulnerable in a world of drones , etc.
    What I am saying to do not expect law enforcement to stop. In a SHFT such groups may tax you and your conflict would be if you decide not to give what they want. They might also want to disarm you.
    What I am trying to say is do not expect a mad max scenario on things.

1607270899611.png

htf1963

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True and I agree. If you have a very good Sheriff in your county then you have "some" help. I remember Biden a couple of years back, they passed a law I think in Massachusets that stripped Sheriffs from arrest powers and they now have to call city or state police. Biden chimed in that "there is no precedent for Sheriffs having arrest powers"...lol. The point is that Sheriffs are closest to the people and subject to being voted out if we don't like what they do. Leftists don't like that. So they succeeded in Massachusetts. State and city are typically appointed and thus easily controlled. Our sheriff here in Holmes County has our back on these matters....for now! I think a mad max would be an aftermath of some sort of war...nuclear for example. Fact is, just by making certain guns a felony they will control a lot...few want to risk that.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rebel_Rider1969 said:

In many ways you are correct. Yet in Somalia we began by feeding the women & children and eventually we had to feed the children lead once the Warlords armed them and directed them to hoard the provisions supplied for the women & children. The first clue that Stuff is about to hit the fan, is all those 16 to 65 year Old Males are going to disappear in the middle of the night. Yet nobody is going to have a clue about how it happens. If this starts happening in other than minority neighborhoods in America perhaps folks on our forum might need to pay attention. LOL.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    What I am saying to do not expect law enforcement to stop. In a SHFT such groups may tax you and your conflict would be if you decide not to give what they want. They might also want to disarm you.
    What I am trying to say is do not expect a mad max scenario on things.

View attachment 99557
    Actually, the first movie was more "true to life" of a possible social decline where the wheels were just starting to fall off.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually, the first movie was more "true to life" of a possible social decline where the wheels were just starting to fall off.

I've yet to watch a movie that actually depicted "True to Life" inhumanity to man that actually happens when SHTF. But I have actually experienced those moments in time. Hope none of Y'all ever need to experience or remember any of those moments. Bet they won't ever leave the minutes Y'all spend supposedly asleep. JMHO.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some the scariest things are often what most are not aware of.
    If the supervolcano underneath Yellowstone National Park ever had another massive eruption, it could spew ash for thousands of miles across the United States, damaging buildings, smothering crops, and shutting down power plants. It'd be a huge disaster.

1607316058808.png

Green spot is the mount St Helens 1980 compared to really big eruptions/

1607316158257.png

Rich man and his slave Pompeii
    1607316354909.png

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some the scariest things are often what most are not aware of.

View attachment 99627

Green spot is the mount St Helens 1980 compared to really big eruptions/

View attachment 99628

Rich man and his slave Pompeii
    View attachment 99629

Y'all don't realize what humans are capable of doing to Humanity.
    That's the healthy reality of why Warriors shelter those beneath thier shields.
    Children are supposed to have childhoods, Women are supposed to believe that thier spouses can protect them & thier offspring's. Warriors are supposed to come Home with thier shields or upon them. "That is the Way" to quote the MANDILORIAN!
    Perhaps it's been a time honored method in America's Military! JMHO.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Y'all don't realize what humans are capable of doing to Humanity.
    That's the healthy reality of why Warriors shelter those beneath thier shields.
    Children are supposed to have childhoods, Women are supposed to believe that thier spouses can protect them & thier offspring's. Warriors are supposed to come Home with thier shields or upon them. "That is the Way" to quote the MANDILORIAN!
    Perhaps it's been a time honored method in America's Military! JMHO.
    Perhaps the infants, toddlers, and such need to be protected. Everyone else goes out to defend the homestead. Exactly what the ? is mandilorian. Did he win a medal of honor. In what branch of the service. It is I think some gamer sci friction nonsense, it is not worth discussing.
    I looked i up
    The Mandalorian is an American space Western streaming television series created by Jon Favreau for Disney+. It premiered with the service's launch in .

The first preparation for a SHTF scenario is to get your head screwed on right.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    In reality- you only need to make it a couple of months and 80-90% of the people would be dead.

Keep enough emergency food to survive in place and have a clean source of water. You just need to stave off would be thieves and looters.

The government would be back up and running within a few months no matter what (probably sooner).

Big cities would turn into real cease pools, and we would have a lot less people dependent on the government.

Long term, it would be good if you could manage your own food until the supply chain got back up and running (within 1 year at most).

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I went thru Katrina in NOLA while protecting a friends buisness.
    I have seen what cops are capeable of doing and not doing.
    While some cops are great guys some are looters,theives,and thugs,just like the general public. However they have all the gear,limited training,and manpower backup. Even without direct leadership in place,they can be a force NOT FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. The "to protect and to serve" thing is quickly dismissed and some become the looters,theives,and thugs,mentioned above. Just understand,you could be tasked with protecting your "stuff" from cops also. We were in NOLA. ---- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    In reality- you only need to make it a couple of months and 80-90% of the people would be dead.

Keep enough emergency food to survive in place and have a clean source of water. You just need to stave off would be thieves and looters.

The government would be back up and running within a few months no matter what (probably sooner).

Big cities would turn into real cease pools, and we would have a lot less people dependent on the government.

Long term, it would be good if you could manage your own food until the supply chain got back up and running (within 1 year at most).
    Fixed it....

You just need to stave off would be friends and family you haven't seen in +10 years.

"The lottery effect" i like to call it. Just happened at my house on the last big hurricane.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went thru Katrina in NOLA while protecting a friends buisness.
    I have seen what cops are capeable of doing and not doing.
    While some cops are great guys some are looters,theives,and thugs,just like the general public. However they have all the gear,limited training,and manpower backup. Even without direct leadership in place,they can be a force NOT FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. The "to protect and to serve" thing is quickly dismissed and some become the looters,theives,and thugs,mentioned above. Just understand,you could be tasked with protecting your "stuff" from cops also. We were in NOLA. ---- SAWMAN
    The NOLA police department was not a shiny example of how a police department should be. But then again some years ago up in Cantonment there were some thefts going on including a chained pit bull that was blasted right out his collar. Not a single resident of the area 'heard' or admit to hearing the night time shotgun blast. About this time I walked into a certain gunsmiths business and I see one very extremely upset deputy that was working in cantonment talking to another one that was a lieutenant at the time. Both men are not long retired. They were in a corner it was private conversation. I was told later what was going on. One or more of the deputies working in the area were stealing. While there was some mention on the news, it quickly disappeared and I assume it got sorted out. That would been like 25-30 years ago that it happened.
    The old saying is that the guardians of the well never go thristy. If they have gas for their vehicles, I expect to police to be out there.
    Below picture labeled as police looting posted by KKK leader David Duke. To be fair for the cops and citizens it was loot or suffer relative to water and food.
    1607344893878.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom