• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Im sure this topic might have been covered in the past but lets break it down in number of days you want to stay alive in YOUR scenario.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Im not the best shot these days so Im giving myself 5rd per target to eliminate it.
    Im guessing an average person has maybe 10,000 mixed rounds, enough to kill at least 2,000 if your a bad shot at 5rd per bad guy.
    In my SHTF scenario I defend my house and property and against 8 people a day.
    I have 250 days worth of ammo and a bad back from digging 2000 holes in my yard.

Is that 10,000 enough to last till things turn back to normal? How many rounds per bad guy are you giving yourself and how many days are you going to stay alive?

And where are people going to stack all these bodies?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    My thinking is you won't need 10k rounds. Either you'll be overtaken by a large group or the cops will show up in full force.
    There will be too many holes in your house for you to make it out.
    All those hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo, should have invested in concrete or kevlar instead

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My thinking is you won't need 10k rounds. Either you'll be overtaken by a large group or the cops will show up in full force.
    There will be too many holes in your house for you to make it out.
    All those hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo, should have invested in concrete or kevlar instead
    I use PVC pipe, is that weird?

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Im sure this topic might have been covered in the past but lets break it down in number of days you want to stay alive in YOUR scenario.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Im not the best shot these days so Im giving myself 5rd per target to eliminate it.
    Im guessing an average person has maybe 10,000 mixed rounds, enough to kill at least 2,000 if your a bad shot at 5rd per bad guy.
    In my SHTF scenario I defend my house and property and against 8 people a day.
    I have 250 days worth of ammo and a bad back from digging 2000 holes in my yard.

Is that 10,000 enough to last till things turn back to normal? How many rounds per bad guy are you giving yourself and how many days are you going to stay alive?

And where are people going to stack all these bodies?
    Vegan rioters ? Weight 100 lb to 180 lb ? 50% waste . Open Barbecue stand . Vegan based meats . Everybody likes barbecue!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Once components come down in price I plan on buying a few lifetime supplies - when I can buy primers I will order a pallet of them!

I have just about everything ordered for equipment, and plan on having a marketable item should shtf

If I get some land then I plan on building a working still as well - then I could sell ammo and shine.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Once components come down in price I plan on buying a few lifetime supplies - when I can buy primers I will order a pallet of them!

I have just about everything ordered for equipment, and plan on having a marketable item should shtf

If I get some land then I plan on building a working still as well - then I could sell ammo and shine.
    If it truly does get that bad, there will be people that will take over your ammo and shine

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wish you the best in the SHTF. It is good you are thinking about this in advance. Do you plan to do this alone?

If so, do you have plans for pesky things like sleeping, eating, illness, gun shot wounds, lack of electricity, digging graves (etc) that can distract one from keeping an eye out for threats.

Bad guys are most inconsiderate and may choose to attack when one is occupied doing something else.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Large mobs would be a real problem for a single line of defense. Cops are not even in my line of thought "we are way past that", as in this SHTF there is no power. All the power companies are off line due to all the workers keeping there own families safe, the cops are protecting their own stash of food and family, the grocery stores have been raided long ago and now hungry mobs are going door to door, your cell phones batteries have died weeks ago and there is no one to call for help. They come when your sleeping, they come when your awake, they keep coming....

How much ammo is enough? One by one EVERYBODY is running out of food and water on different days and different weeks, you never know if its one stranger or 12 but they keep coming, day after day, week after week, month after month.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Large mobs would be a real problem for a single line of defense. Cops are not even in my line of thought "we are way past that", as in this SHTF there is no power. All the power companies are off line due to all the workers keeping there own families safe, the cops are protecting their own stash of food and family, the grocery stores have been raided long ago and now hungry mobs are going door to door, your cell phones batteries have died weeks ago and there is no one to call for help. They come when your sleeping, they come when your awake, they keep coming....

How much ammo is enough? One by one EVERYBODY is running out of food and water on different days and different weeks, you never know if its one stranger or 12 but they keep coming, day after day, week after week, month after month.

In your clarified scenario above, with that many threats, you should be scavenging supplies/weapons/ammo off the deadies.
    Regardless, you should be thinking about having some like-minded friends. An unlimited ammo supply won't do a single-shooter much good against unknown-and-growing numbers of threats who are determined to overrun.

MadMax Thunderdome Walking Dead zombpocalypse:
    One shot to their CNS. Scavenge all usable supplies/gear. Graphically mutilate and impale the entire carcass on a stick/pole/treestump as a warning to any others. Have friends. Conceal your numbers. Cover each other.

That should help you last a couple weeks...

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I bought a Flame thrower ...... I'm not messin around
    I'm working on adding in a 55 gallon drum of diesel to my sprinkler system....just gotta figure out how to ignite it once I turn it on...I'm thinking some tannerite covered in some plaster "stones" that look natural. I'm even gonna put a stuffed dog full of tannerite to make a diversion for those ATF and cops that like to shoot dogs. Should make for an interesting day it they decide to raid my home.

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Yes, Mob Mentality and references to Zombies .

Top Bottom