• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rifle season, I carry a G19 loaded with CCI shot shells for the rattlers and a spare mag loaded with 147gr HSTs. Self Defense is the 30-06.
    Bow season the G19 is loaded with the HSTs.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rifle season, I carry a G19 loaded with CCI shot shells for the rattlers and a spare mag loaded with 147gr HSTs. Self Defense is the 30-06.
    Bow season the G19 is loaded with the HSTs.

I wish we could carry while bow hunting in bama...........:pout:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I went and picked up 3 boxes of cci shotshells. Loaded up a 10 rd mag and mag dumped it as fast I could. The 19 ran like a sewing machine, not one hiccup. Frank you got a pm

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here is what some of you probably do not want to hear. IMO ----->

If you are that inclined to carry snake shot in your (otherwise)defensive woods gun ... You probably do not really need to be in the woods anyway. Snake shot coming out of a short bbl'ed pistol with a rifled bore is super silly. In the time it takes you to present your weapon,or even worse,change the mag,or unload your "normal" carry round,and reload with snake shot,you could gracefully move away from the snake and find a stick to beat him to death with.

Wear snake boots,always carry a longish stick to "lead your way",be aware of your surroundings,maybe even look down every now and then. Ultimately ........ stay out of the woods if you feel that you need this non-feel good,feel good.

And ...... please,no squealing like a 7 year old girl when you see a Nonpoisonous snake. DO NOT kill them just for the fun of it. (Or just to give that snake shot a try)They are good snakes. Let them live.

Sheeeeeeesh !! Little boys !! ---- SAWMAN

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you could gracefully move away from the snake and find a stick to beat him to death with.

Yea but it more fun to shoot the sucker !

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I NEVER kill non venomous snakes and seldom kill the dangerous ones. Never squeled like a 7 YO either. I'm in the woods and around the edges a lot, its a big part of my job. If you knew the details you would.be surprised Sawman. Let's just say that even though I'm not a hunter you ain't got nothing on me.

You and FrankT make a great team. Why don't you guys hang out more together and bolster each other's ego. The rest of us don't need the self-worth injection.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sean, since when did you turn from a good guy to a hater? I believe either of us have the experience to help people be safer and wiser outdoors..well unless you have been trained at a SEAL, Ranger school or SERE training.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I personally don't carry a handgun when hunting, why would I? If I see a snake, I sidestep it, as I am in his house not he in mine, anything else that presents danger, well I have a rifle or shotgun. Maybe if I bowhunted or just hiking I would carry a handgun but it would ne hunting rounds for eminent danger. High boots or chaps and a vigilant eye is good for snakes. Unless you are running from the law you should be super aware of where you are stepping and your surroundings in the woods. But of coarse differant strokes for ............ you know. As long as you are enjoying the woods you are in you are allready ahead of the game, but you should always be aware of where you are going with each step.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank, really? Read post #27 and think.

I've got no problem with advice, info or listening to someone's past experiences. I've also stated time and time again that I'm about the lowest information member on here when it comes to firearms or reloading. But! The condescention from some of you is insulting, childish and frankly puts people off. Joking, ribbing and digging is one thing, talking down to other members is bullshit, plain and simple.

Firearms are fairly new to me. Mechanical, structural, operational, etc aspects of devices manmade are not. I haven't shot or hunted like you guys have but you and Sawman need to remember, you don't know everything and you damned sure don't know all of us members personally. I've built, rebuilt, restored, designed, fabricated all manner of things from full.scale aircraft to cars, motorcycles, houses, boats, you name it. Also, been a machinist so, I'm not an idiot when it comes to determining suitability or operation of mechanical items. Like the snakeshot thing. I wouldn't fire any ammo in any gun without researching and asking questions, finding out what the round will do, patterns, internal pressures, whether it might damage the barrel or chamber, on and on.

Just tired of this bullshit snarkiness. I have other forums to go to for arguments over politics and life.

Like the vaping thread: Didnt need you dumping on it and didnt need your chastizing. Make fun of me if you want but don't come at me like I'm an idiot.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sean, i love ya Man...but I think you are over reading and overly sensitive...relax and have fun that is what we are all doing while trying to impart a little knowledge at the same time. You need to learn to take it as much as you give it and not take things personally, this is the internet and sometimes it may be hard to tell how people mean things. I have always liked you and wish the best for you...just sayin'

Oh and I thought #27 was an excellent post, sorry..said like a Sgt Major not a Major...lol

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, from a more experienced point of view........snake shot is what it is...snake shot !!
    and it does work in wheelguns as 38sp or even 357mag out too 41-44 that I have.
    they all have done the deed quite well, within there...or your walking needs.
    some folks just rely on there tupperware for more than food storage. yall started it, and I can hang
    as long as it takes.
    carry a stick, why ?? my hands are usually full with equipment to work with.
    i'd like to see yall swat a stick at a pissed off moccasin thats come'n at you.
    you carry what you want but, I tellya...you wont be party chief in my hunting area...no !!
    I will say it again.....its positive attendance where I go...you don't have to look for them too hard.

and we don't take-out our non poisonous friends.

good luck !!! when all it takes isa pew-pew:peace:.............

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is what some of you probably do not want to hear. IMO ----->

If you are that inclined to carry snake shot in your (otherwise)defensive woods gun ... You probably do not really need to be in the woods anyway. Snake shot coming out of a short bbl'ed pistol with a rifled bore is super silly. In the time it takes you to present your weapon,or even worse,change the mag,or unload your "normal" carry round,and reload with snake shot,you could gracefully move away from the snake and find a stick to beat him to death with.

Wear snake boots,always carry a longish stick to "lead your way",be aware of your surroundings,maybe even look down every now and then. Ultimately ........ stay out of the woods if you feel that you need this non-feel good,feel good.

And ...... please,no squealing like a 7 year old girl when you see a Nonpoisonous snake. DO NOT kill them just for the fun of it. (Or just to give that snake shot a try)They are good snakes. Let them live.

Sheeeeeeesh !! Little boys !! ---- SAWMAN
    Sorry Joe Hunter Woodsman I didn't mean to strike such a nerve. Maybe some of us haven't had as much experience as you (you're pretty old right? And cranky I see) in the woods. In fact, I haven't spent any time in the woods for the past 12 years that I have lived in this dump of a state. Maybe some others like that extra feeling of insurance in having that sidearm in the woods. So who are you to judge, his holyness? And I promise you, if I see a snake I'm gonna blow it's head off, not scream like a little girl..

Top Bottom