• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • millzenator

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Going to Birmingham this weekend to see Daughter, Son-in-law and grandbaby. We plan to go to Hoover Tactical tomorrow to see the store and hit the range. Anyone been?

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We haul our 5th wheel up to Oak Mountian every year and the wife and I went and shot there last October. It's a nice place and boy is it big. Separate range for handgun and rifles. Snack bar next to he range so if the wife gets tired of shooting, she can grab a bite, sit at a table and watch the range through the glass. I'll make it a regular stop each year. They do check your ammo if you don't buy from them.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm actually from Hoover originally and still have friends and family there. Their supply is starting to build back up, but still a little sparse on handguns. Plenty of 1911's. When I was there last weekend the only Glocks and XD's they had were .40's. As far as ammo goes I only looked at handgun ammo. They still didn't have any 9mm. But they always have .45 for around 18.50 for a box of 50. Best price I've seen. I always pick up 5 boxes(store limit) when I go home.

The range is nice but they do some things I don't really like. There is no CC there unless you're LEO. Also they keep ALL brass on the range. But otherwise a real nice place.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How would they know? Concealed is concealed... I practice don't tell, don't show when I'm in there.

Well that's definitely an option. Just remember that they have a lot of LEO in the store and they also employee a lot of LEO/Retired LEO's. So I try not to piss them off, figuring things probably wouldn't work in my favor. At least being banned if caught.

Just my opinion and practice.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went in cc'ing. Not like I was going to whip it out to show the world. Actually did take it out of my pocket while in the range and shot it some, reloaded it and put it back in my pocket. So either they wasn't watching closely or really didn't care that much. Its probably more of a cover their ass policy.
    Come on, its Birmingham, who in the right mind goes anywhere without a gun?
    Forgot about the range keeping the brass. Back in the fall it wasn't a big deal since I didn't reload. But now I keep my brass in case I should ever start.

millzenator

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son-in-law and I arrived at the range on Saturday around 3:00. It was not as busy as I had been expecting. The store was very clean, well-stocked and I was surprised to see the amount of long guns (specifically AR's) on the wall. No 22LR or 9mm when I was there, but 45 was there. They had 250 rd ammo cans of .223 for $119.

The range was great. They had good prices ammo, several rentals available, both handgun and long gun. Twelve pistol range lanes and I think 6 or 8 rifle range lanes. If I am back in Birmingham with the time to go, I will certainly be back.

Top Bottom