• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    We are in trouble. I have several family members and friends whose insurance already went from 2500-3000 to 7 to 8k with this bi-denflation.
    Mine has went from 1860 to 4060. No telling what the next renewal will be. Worried about a total loss in a fire or blown down in a hurricane, so I have to keep it. I don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars to rebuild or buy another.

Jdcujo

Master
    I mean considering the number of companies who've dropped out of the Florida market. Insurance wise shit is gonna get worse.

• Sad
    Reactions: Ron

Ron

Expert
    I don't see how people will be able to afford their mortgage payments. The insurance goes up, the house payment goes up. Will this cause a housing market crash? I see a lot of foreclosures ahead. Especially those on fixed incomes.

Southernlost

Expert
    Man insurance companies are fleeing Florida. I tried to get workers comp for me and my guys for construction and Holy shit every big company I called told me they no longer service construction in Florida. So it's not just homeowners insurance

Ron

Expert
    We are in trouble. I have several family members and friends whose insurance already went from 2500-3000 to 7 to 8k with this bi-denflation.
    Mine has went from 1860 to 4060. No telling what the next renewal will be. Worried about a total loss in a fire or blown down in a hurricane, so I have to keep it. I don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars to rebuild or buy another.
    This is a great point. I was thinking about dropping my homeowners insurance but I also cannot afford to rebuild from a fire or storm so I am rethinking the situation. Will probably keep it and cry when the bill comes and pray I can pay it. Maybe somebody will step in and fix the system. Not looking good as the Governor wasn't able to do much the last time he and the insurance commissioners met to discuss this subject.

Raven

Master
    I foresee smaller homes being built in the future, out of solid concrete, and being marketed as hurricane proof, self-insured, no hurricane insurance needed

Last edited:

B52

Master
    Mhee No big deal. No different than what happened after Ivan..

IronBeard

Master
    I don't see how people will be able to afford their mortgage payments. The insurance goes up, the house payment goes up. Will this cause a housing market crash? I see a lot of foreclosures ahead. Especially those on fixed incomes.
    The intent is all but the uber wealthy dependent upon, and confined to, government housing. There ya go.

Carl

Master
    No, they want us all renting.... read up on it. Derail- I'm waiting on big company's to provide housing as part of employment.....
    Such is Communism. Chinas great leap forward, Russias bolshevik revolution. Wonder what ours will be called? The great diversity, equity and inclusion revolution?

Yeah the insurance prices suck but we do live in areas that are certain to be hit eventually.

Coomer

Expert

IronBeard

Master
    No, they want us all renting.... read up on it. Derail- I'm waiting on big company's to provide housing as part of employment.....
    Yep, Blackrock and some other big holding company. Just think how convinient that will be. You'll be able to sign up for payroll deduction. Oh, but did I mention no firearms in government housing? No extremists, either. I'm gonna need help buildin' that cabin in the woods....

Raven

Master
    Company owned housing, just like the military and work release slaves, yessir. Oh can't forget the company owned houses and stores in the mining communities too. By the way, part of "sustainable development" is right now they are building new high rise sky scraper housing in the big cities... with not a single new parking spot. Gotta control movement too, not just housing. Keep the slaves from leaving the crap housing. Barely paid enough to afford food, so they can't get ahead, nevermind prosper enough to quit working or relocate or even stop working long enough to start a new job between getting direct deposits started again. Total BS. Homeowners insurance is a protection racket protected by the governments laws requiring the slaves to buy it

Raven

Master
    Yeah the insurance prices suck but we do live in areas that are certain to be hit eventually.
    Be self insured. Own your house... a concrete indestructible house or a cheap replaceable house or trailer. Tell them to go F themselves. Beat the system and don't play by their rules. Live beneath your means, sure, but at the same time you'll kick back all that insurance protection racket money into your retirement fund, kids college fund, trip to Europe fund, kids retirement fund, etc. Live beneath your means... Live like no one else... so that later you can live no one else. The paid for home mortgage is the new status symbol of choice. Change your family tree. Enrich yourself, not an insurance company

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Yep, Blackrock and some other big holding company. Just think how convinient that will be. You'll be able to sign up for payroll deduction. Oh, but did I mention no firearms in government housing? No extremists, either. I'm gonna need help buildin' that cabin in the woods....
    Cabin in the woods, cheap, replaceable, self insured. Can make that cabin be mobile, too, as a van, RV, boat, etc. All the great long term survivalists are migratory nomadic hunter/gatherers. One of my favorite survival books is "Strategic Relocation" by Skousen. Most military can relate to this. We are trained to live out of a bag, mobile. Movement is life. This is why a super high percentage of us homeless/former homeless are also former military

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Company owned housing, just like the military and work release slaves, yessir. Oh can't forget the company owned houses and stores in the mining communities too. By the way, part of "sustainable development" is right now they are building new high rise sky scraper housing in the big cities... with not a single new parking spot. Gotta control movement too, not just housing. Keep the slaves from leaving the crap housing. Barely paid enough to afford food, so they can't get ahead, nevermind prosper enough to quit working or relocate or even stop working long enough to start a new job between getting direct deposits started again. Total BS. Homeowners insurance is a protection racket protected by the governments laws requiring the slaves to buy it
    Yes, Sir. I grew up in a steel mill town, also within driving distance of mining towns; know it well; belonged to a hunting camp of coal miners and factory workers. There was not only "company" housing, but the companies also financed/subsidized the building of entire communities where there once were none for the sole purpose of having their employees within bussing/walking distance of "the job." Sounds like the old Soviet Union doesn't it?

Cool thing, most of the towns were populated by/gravitated to by one nationality. OMG, racist! BS!! IMO, it was one if the best things ever. I could literally move about city suburbs and experience the cultures and foods of Germany, Italy, Poland, and many more. I miss that to this day.

But I digress, that was depresion erra and WWII America. Another result, to your point, and IMO, was a dependency within the general public that I can best convey as, vote democrat, vote for jobs and the good life. That sentiment pervades the region to this day and answers the, "WTF?" question regarding how those yankees can vote for, support, and beg for more of what we find unconstitutional.

I also worked for a company that sold/serviced industrial equipment for city public housing, high-rises, too. Man, I could start and sustain another thread on that...

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Because there are now multiple generations of people who know nothing else there, that's how. Self perpetuated. Only way to break that cycle is for one of them families to get a kid into college or the military, to travel and see something different, a better way of doing things... AND THEN once having broken the cycle he comes back to the old neighborhood and plants the seed of change

IronBeard

Master
    Cabin in the woods, cheap, replaceable, self insured. Can make that cabin be mobile, too, as a van, RV, boat, etc. All the great long term survivalists are migratory nomadic hunter/gatherers. One of my favorite survival books is "Strategic Relocation" by Skousen. Most military can relate to this. We are trained to live out of a bag, mobile. This is why a super high percentage of us homeless/former homeless are also former military
    Brother, even approaching 60, if it were me alone, I'd already be "out there." I'd rather die LIVING, than live dying. But, life happens, so suffice it to say, my wife and kids are not cut from the same cloth as I. Their idea of "roughing it" involves a bed bathroom, and meals prepared by somone else ;)

Top Bottom