• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have been to Eglin recently. The ammo is tax free, but the prices and selection aren't great. I am still sticking with my 38, and 357 so the selection is limited just about anywhere I look. It is also challenging to find 20 guage buckshot.
    Battlehawk armory had 1000 rounds of 357 mag 158 grain for 500 bucks. They had 1000 rounds of 38 special for 400 before too.

Piranhacuda

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am getting back into shooting my home defense weapons at our local range. Most of my ammo was purchased in the 90s, and I am needing new ammo, as I use up the old.
    I am looking for a good, reasonably priced, online supplier to purchase 38, 357, 20gu.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I carry a 10mm I use AAC. It’s $25 for a box of 50. Their quality is amazing and they are in the US their JHP is cheaper than ball point

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have been to Eglin recently. The ammo is tax free, but the prices and selection aren't great. I am still sticking with my 38, and 357 so the selection is limited just about anywhere I look. It is also challenging to find 20 guage buckshot.
    Stay away from monarch buckshot. Crap pattern.

Piranhacuda

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ranger Firearms is alright when it comes to selection. Emerald Coast in Valparaiso may be worth looking into

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the main issue when using ammo seek is to make sure that the low price you found is not a scam. I get a little tired of SGAmmo at times. While a lot say bad things for Ammoman, my orders with Eric have been ok.
    I would have to look up the names, but I have gotten some good deals from other places on case lots of federal +P+ and normal HP loads. Lately I have been impressed with Palmetto AAC. They have now a line of 7.62x39 steel case out there. I have not ordered yet, but may soon.

In stock

AAC "Sabre Blade Black Tip" 7.62x39mm 123 Grain 20rd Box Ammunition​

$10.99 $0.55

1715145368356.png

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    the main issue when using ammo seek is to make sure that the low price you found is not a scam. I get a little tired of SGAmmo at times. While a lot say bad things for Ammoman, my orders with Eric have been ok.
    I would have to look up the names, but I have gotten some good deals from other places on case lots of federal +P+ and normal HP loads. Lately I have been impressed with Palmetto AAC. They have now a line of 7.62x39 steel case out there. I have not ordered yet, but may soon.

In stock

AAC "Sabre Blade Black Tip" 7.62x39mm 123 Grain 20rd Box Ammunition​

$10.99 $0.55

View attachment 285265
    I second palmetto State Armory, especially for 300 blackout ammo. I haven’t tried the new 7.62 x 39 saber ammo but have had good luck with the 110 and 125 grain Sabre rounds for the 300 blackout. I have also had good luck with their regular AAC 110 grain ballistic tip ammo as well.

For the price you can’t beat the Sabre blade black tip line since it uses hornadys sst bullets and is usually half the price of almost all other sst ammo or close to it. Will be buying more once it’s back in stock, they have a hard time keeping it in with it being such a great value.

Edogg

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you’re on Reddit, check out r/gundeals. I see decent deals posted there all the time from lots of good retailers you might not have heard of. Most recently, I ordered from a place called Bucking Horse Outpost and they were great. Simmons Sporting Goods is another good place too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Good deals on here sometimes but you gotta be quick! Rule of thumb if I'm on a ship 1,200 miles away there will be all kinds of cool stuff on here.
    there is a bunch of good stuff here...that's about the same as being 250 miles away and it won't ship. Or even worse...your about to send the funds electronically after make arrangements...then your notified...deal is off...I sold it locally.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For loads such as 5.56 M193 and Nato 7.62x51, it just does not pay to reload and looking for good prices is the way to go. Without being political, if certain conflicts end and a certain man does not get re-elected, all of this might go down in price. But powder and primers have soared more than loaded generic ammo.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    there are about a dozen lead smelters left in the US..I don't see prices dropping anytime soon on it either if it is all imported.
    i think brass foundries are going in that direction as well

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    there are about a dozen lead smelters left in the US..I don't see prices dropping anytime soon on it either if it is all imported.
    i think brass foundries are going in that direction as well
    There are problems with raw materials and environmental regulations.

It is the powder and primers that are what has like tripled in pricing over the years. Cases can be made from steel. I can cast bullets for many calibers from range lead. Many kinds of powder at $60/lb. Problem may be a shortage of nitrocellulose in the USA.
    Point of it is, that if the war needs and political uncertainty, then the demand goes down. The markets are normally driven by supply vs demand. The AAC ammo that I showed in a previous post was steel case american made. My ARs, AKs, SKS, and glocks function well with steel case ammo.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kir ammo out of Texas is one of my newer places not the biggest selection but not bad. They are priced more than fair most of the time and they don’t charge tax and I think it’s free shipping over $200. I usually buy by the case so it’s a no brainer on my end.

Tigermack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am getting back into shooting my home defense weapons at our local range. Most of my ammo was purchased in the 90s, and I am needing new ammo, as I use up the old.
    I am looking for a good, reasonably priced, online supplier to purchase 38, 357, 20gu.
    I buy from Ammunition Depot. A Florida company with fair prices and quick shipping.

Dougy Fresh

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Trushot, SGammo, Ammunition depot

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sg ammo
    Kir ammo
    Ammo depot
    Sportsman’s guide with a membership used to be a good deal and if you were military and went through Aafes they had a redirect link that gave free shipping but I think (possibly because of
    Me) they closed that loop hole. I figured how to stack member discounts with military discounts with the url and Coupon codes and was getting ammo for crazy cheap for about 1 year.

Top Bottom