Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Help identifying an heirloom muzzleloader.

Cj3

Shooter
Reaction score
I got this from my dad recently, who got it when my grandpa died last November. I don’t know much about it, aside from it is a double barrel muzzleloader and on top, between the barrels, it says, “Laminated Fine Twist.” If you can tell me anything about it, I would really appreciate it.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
Reaction score
Have you taken it apart to see if there are any markings on the bottom of the barrel or on the backside of the lockplate?

Ric-san

Master
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn close to this shotgun...London FineTwist Gentleman’s Muzzleloader Double...look to see if it has proof marks on the barrel, will help to positively identify...good luck.

Last edited:

Cj3

Shooter
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn close to this shotgun...London FineTwist Gentleman’s Muzzleloader Double...look to see if it has proof marks on the barrel, will help to positively identify...good luck.

That does look pretty close, thank you! I’m going to have to disassemble and see if I can find some more markings.

Cj3

Shooter
Reaction score
IF you find any markings list them. Would help in narrowing it down some.

I was a little intimidated about removing the barrel, but it was very simple. I was excited to find some markings, but I don’t know what any of them mean. Here’s a picture.

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom