• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is an open letter to the subhuman POS who killed a deer, cut its head off, and dumped the carcass on the side of the road, near the corner of Highway 2 and 85, in Laurel Hill:
    I hope you miss as many meals as that deer would have provided someone. There are good people, who, through no fault of their own, have trouble providing food for their families. You left a perfectly good resource to rot, while children go hungry, probably closer to your home than the deer was. Look at that mounted head with pride, you turd. You'll get yours.

Everyone else: Please don't forget to help those in need, all year. Hungry children didn't do anything to deserve hunger.
    That is all.
    sj1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is just horrible, people like that give hunters a bad name, whether or not it was a hunter . Bless their demented heart. Lord already knows they'll need it once they're found out. Sick bastard.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's out in my neck of the woods (8-10 miles north of me) and sadly not the first time I've seen or heard of it happening.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    sj1, You are pissed off. Don't blame you one bit. You are the person that experienced the incident. It is a sad sight for any ethical hunter to see.

A year or so ago I passed on several hogs because I had no place to take them that someone would use the meat. Now I do. I will not kill a hog unless the person promised the hog will be home and/or have his cell phone on by the bed. If the person has promised to be available and is not,I move on the the next person and will never call the "no show" back again. I will not clean and package a hog/deer for the person that I have promised the meat to.

Most states have fairly severe laws that pertain to "wanton waste" of game animals. I would only hope that the LEO's are able to catch and prosecute these shit heads that have slapped all us ethical hunters in the face. --- SAWMAN

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is what gives hunters bad names. All that meat gone to waste. Growing up I grew up in a pretty poor family. My stepfather would take me hunting with him. We didnt eat a lot of meat. Mostly potatoes and pasta. We always had just enough. My parents would always do without if it meant us kids would get a little extra. Point here is we made the meat last awhile and always looked forward since we couldnt really afford to buy it.

Let me see some shit bag doing something like this.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    that shit pisses me off too. ive seen just the backstraps cut out too. hair and all. i hate a hamburger to go to waste.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    that shit pisses me off too. ive seen just the backstraps cut out too. hair and all. i hate a hamburger to go to waste.

Gendoc ran across this a couple of months ago. I believe he and I served a little karma back to the asshole that did it. Next time we'll have the proof to make the shitheads life suck.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got folks that dump crap on my place all the time....I wouldn't care ifin they'd drag it off into the woods but it's always on the edge of the road!!!

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to be that guy, but did it have a bullet or arrow wound? If it was close to the road it could have been hit by a car. I don't know the road you speak of but I'm just saying. I wouldn't pass the possibility that someone hit it and someone else cut the head off for the horns when they saw it driving by. Then again, my theory is contingent on whether you saw a wound.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to be that guy, but did it have a bullet or arrow wound? If it was close to the road it could have been hit by a car. I don't know the road you speak of but I'm just saying. I wouldn't pass the possibility that someone hit it and someone else cut the head off for the horns when they saw it driving by. Then again, my theory is contingent on whether you saw a wound.

Thats what I was thinking. Who knows though there are some real douchebags out there

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was some teenagers that did that crap. I knew some people that always talked about doing crap like that when I was in high school but I never had enough proof to call the Game Warden and get them arrested.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We were poor when I was in High School and did pick up road kill. More than 1 deer was killed on country roads and if we knew it was a fresh kill it was taken home and eaten.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got home from my run to Auburn University and back. Counted seven deer on I65 and I85 on the side of the road. Some were pretty good size and weren't ripped open. I don't know enough on how to determine time frame but if someone was interested they could probably find 2 fresh enough for salvaging.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I love Venison. Haven't hunted in over 10 years. Is it weird that a conversation about roadkill is making me hungry?

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    We were poor when I was in High School and did pick up road kill. More than 1 deer was killed on country roads and if we knew it was a fresh kill it was taken home and eaten.

Man ive ate a few i picked up on the side of the road too. I still will.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are folks out there whose entire meat source is roadkill. I don't know if I would do it down here in the warm climate except if I saw it hit, but I had no problem doing it when I lived in snow filled states.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Picking up road kill to eat if you are starving is one thing. Leaving it to rot is another. For any and everyone who has an opinion without actually seeing this carcass, it was close enough to the intersection that if anyone hit it with a car, they would have done it on purpose. And, that is highly unlikely. That would make them a turd, either way. And, the point is, the meat was left to rot, so picking up roadkill to feed a family is the exact opposite of the issue.

Top Bottom