• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    The problem is there is no law that says anything about "80% receivers", that number was pulled out of thin air. So if you regulate 80% receivers someone will just make a 79.9% receiver. You can't regulate common sense and every time you create a new regulation the only thing that changes is how people work around the new regulation.

Agreed......In the end the ATF will make whatever determination they want and go after the one's who are the most out in the open and vocal about outsmarting them.

The ATF isn't going away so compromise is going to be the name of the game. I like the idea of offering up universal registration to the democrats in return for 50 state CCW reciprocity and an end to the Class 3 restrictions. Probably couldn't get full auto and while fun, not really practical anyhow. We can make a strong argument for a silenced pistol length carbine as the ideal home defense weapon. I will happily suffer the inconvenience of going to a FFL for a private party transfers to get those two concessions.

The all or nothing or we'll start a revolution talk is not realistic and get's us nowhere.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    NO registration period, they will never stop and I am not going to register my weapons for anyone and neither is the NRA, that is what the anti gun nut want so they can then come and take them away!

Fletch

Master
    NO registration period, they will never stop and I am not going to register my weapons for anyone and neither is the NRA, that is what the anti gun nut want so they can then come and take them away!

I meant universal background checks not registration. But I don't believe for one second that those records are not already in a database or will eventually end up in one. Once the FFL goes out of business the ATF gets the info anyhow. Any gun you own is registered for all practical purposes unless you bought from an individual and even those could be tracked down eventually. If you ordered more than two lowers at one time or more than 5 in a short amount of time they will already have a record of it or will get it when they audit your FFL if they did not already report it.

Hardcore Frank.......I can appreciate that. They gonna find you lying dead on that pile of brass from your machine gun like Uncle Ted?

Snow Bird

Master
    Since I have bought ALL of my guns from dealers and it is my understanding that they have to keep records for 20 years they are regestered. 3 of my handguns were bought in MO and I had to get a permit to even buy a hand gun they are REGESTERED. Dosen't bother me one bit. Then I am alittle more mobile than someone setting at home. Like us SNOW BIRD RV owners like to say is home is where I park it.

Fletch

Master
    Since I have bought ALL of my guns from dealers and it is my understanding that they have to keep records for 20 years they are regestered. 3 of my handguns were bought in MO and I had to get a permit to even buy a hand gun they are REGESTERED. Dosen't bother me one bit. Then I am alittle more mobile than someone setting at home. Like us SNOW BIRD RV owners like to say is home is where I park it.

Don't worry they will just ping your cell phone to find the location of your RV when they come to confiscate your guns! You going to go down fighting like Frank or live to fight another day?

Snow Bird

Master
    This OLD guy is going to live to fight another day if I have anything to say about it. I got to old to play Rambo about 30 years ago.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You can live a slave or die a Patriot, at my age there is no choice. Hitler did the same thing to Germany before WWII. Give the libs an inch they take it all. Like obama care, they never cared if it worked or not, the goal was to run the ins co out of business and have to go to single payer govt ins...it never ends!

Yes they will treat the liberals like sheep, I will not live that way

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Frank at your age being retired and all you will die like an old fool if you choose to fight with a gun. Best stay on line and round up the troops and be a leader on a key borad. Remember those bad guys have Mooosheene Guns and probally wouldn't think of you as a threat anyway being old and all.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    SB, that is the difference between a yankee liberal and a Southern Patriot.. the purest definition I have ever heard.

Snow Bird

Master
    Guess you will die like an old fool. Like they used to say, He went down in glouris( spelling) flames. Hope you are smart enough to do it away from your front door so your loved ones don't go with you.

Maybe this lib is smart enough to live to fight another day.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    as a sheeple or slave, I would rather fight for the Country!

Snow Bird

Master
    We agree that there is more than one way to fight. Fight smart and live or fight stupid and die.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    yellow is the color I think of...TA DA

Snow Bird

Master
    How much have you had to drink tonight Frank. Almost tooks looks you want to start a fight of the key boards. Do you ever leave your keyboard and tv set while in your recliner?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator

I'm not into compromise either, but I'm not going post my plans online. Though I will say they don't entail goading agencies into taking a closer look at me.
    You can do pretty much anything you want in this country including murder if you don't run your mouth about what you're doing or have done. :tape2:

Snow Bird

Master
    They won't look at Frank. Something has to be said that is beleavable

bigbulls

Marksman
    The Cartel machinist could easily have 40 or so fully functional rifles made in a few days time. No sweat for him to make them fully auto since they obviously could care less about the laws. Trying to step back and take an unemotional and logical look at this could it be that maybe the ATF is trying to prevent this type of thing?
    They aren't trying to prevent a damn thing. Why would the cartels go through all of that trouble of maching guns when the BATFE is shipping complete, fully functional firearms down there by the truck load?

Idoono

Master
    Well in my opinion if Mexico was so damn worried about guns coming into their country they would inspect every vehicle going there. It is not our job to limit the guns going into their country, it is theirs. Just like our Customs folks inspect suspect vehicles coming into the country from Mexico their Customs people need to quit taking bribes and do their job. And if the government did not take such a blind eye toward the illegals here the problem would also be much less than it currently is. Typical government bullshit, changing the rules to suit themselves. It is time we elected some officials who have some gonads and will truly represent the people not special interest nor their party line.

Idoono

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    It is time we elected some officials who have some gonads and will truly represent the people not special interest nor their party line.

Idoono

Good luck with that, I don't think there is such a politician. There may be a few naive ones that start that way, but it doesn't take them long to make the switch.

jakec

Master
    Good luck with that, I don't think there is such a politician. There may be a few naive ones that start that way, but it doesn't take them long to make the switch.

agreed!

Top Bottom