• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Most electronic locks have an MRC (Management Reset Code) that when you enter that code it resets the combination to the factory default code, in most cases 1,2,3,4,5,6. Your computer, laptop or phone has the same feature. That information is stored by the safe serial number.

For mechanical locks, they store the combination that it left the factory with by the serial number.

For electronic locks you would need to change out the lock to change the MRC once it is programed into it in most cases. For mechanical locks you just need to simply change the combination is was on when you got it. In either case you will no longer get support for lost combination cases.

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    How are the feds going to know your combo? I changed mine the day I brought it home!
    Liberty assisted the feds as they keep track of all combos. If it's a dial, I have yet to see how to change the combo. Most people are probably not going to change their combos. I might start investigating how to have a different combo mechanism added to my safe.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    they actually gave them the MRC and it then would allow them to open it on 123456#

again, Liberty keeps track of mechanical combinations by serial number and MRC codes by serial number.

all of you that want it changed get together and I will make a trip down and do them all. The best way to avoid the issue of a safe manufacture from giving LE a combination or MRC is to not break the law.

Top Bottom