• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I packed up some guns & went to Gun Port firing range with my brother-in-law & my 3 nephews. They had a great time & I enjoyed watching & helping them. None of the boys 11, 10, & 9 had fired a High Power rifle before but they have been hunting ducks for a few years.

In no time, all but the youngest was nailing a steel torso at 250 yards. I think the length of pull was just bit too much for the youngest. They really impressed me & another generation is hooked on the shooting sport. They really enjoyed shooting the 22, M4 as well as my Rem 700 in 233. They wanted to shoot my glock 26 but we deiced they will have to wait a little longer for that one. The oldest could handle it but with 3 brothers if one does it they all want to.

Its too bad my father is no longer with us. I am sure he would have really enjoyed watching his grand children learn how to shoot. I fill honored to be able to pass on his guidance & expertise to anther generation. :usa2:

In all it was a great day that I am sure all will remember for a long time.

Joe

Last edited:

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love taking kids out shooting.. Im getting ready to take my niece(9) and nephew(7) out soon for the first time.. It should be interesting..

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good for you Joe! I believe it is our responsibility to pass on our passion to our kids. Teach them safe handling and respect of guns. I started my son when he was 10 with a 22 lr rifle and progress from there through centerfire rifles and handguns. I'm really proud that he knows how to handle the weapons safely. I got a little teary eyed when he started shooting a 12" gong at 240 yards with iron sights using my M&P 15 Sport.

Top Bottom