• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arby

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What I've learned about the Buckmark:
    1, Limit dry firing, invest in some snap caps
    2, When removing the grips be careful, the grips hold some parts together, Like the mag release and Slide Hold
    3, The best mod is the Tandomkross Gear Box. It's a new Sear Spring that will reduce trigger pull by half and it's quite simple to install
    After shooting about 200 rounds a month for the last 24 years thru mine, the only part I needed to change was the Slide Buffer, a $3 part
    You have a very nice firearm there

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    What I've learned about the Buckmark:
    1, Limit dry firing, invest in some snap caps
    2, When removing the grips be careful, the grips hold some parts together, Like the mag release and Slide Hold
    3, The best mod is the Tandomkross Gear Box. It's a new Sear Spring that will reduce trigger pull by half and it's quite simple to install
    After shooting about 200 rounds a month for the last 24 years thru mine, the only part I needed to change was the Slide Buffer, a $3 part
    You have a very nice firearm there
    Thanks!! I Don't ever dry fire anything!! The safety is very stiff, I noticed. Like I said the weapon appears to be very accurate, I'm not. I have vision issues seeing the sights and being still, lol. Used the see all sight but need to put the burris ff2 on it, or an actual tube red dot. Haven't done alot of handgun shooting as of late and it shows. ( one of the reasons I wanted a .22) saw the gearbox part and wondered about if it was a good investment.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Looks nice, congrats. Back in the day I had an original Challenger. That's another one that I stupidly sold and wouldn't mind having back.

Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’ve always liked the looks of the Buckmark, I just never see them for sale in the wild. I’d like to pick one up someday.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Installed the ff2. Gonna give it a try. At least on the 22 it won't eat any premium 22mag or 9mm. Lol.
    The see all was not good at arms lenght. Eye relief vs sight picture,, it was way to large. Works good on rifle or shotgun once it's dialed in and you get the hang of the proper sight picture.

Attachments

• 20211025_090011.jpg
      20211025_090011.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 60

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Didn't get to shoot it today. I know one thing from futzing around with it. Your presentation/ grip has to be perfect when you bring it up or you waste time looking for the dot. Definitely going to need practice.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Didn't get to shoot it today. I know one thing from futzing around with it. Your presentation/ grip has to be perfect when you bring it up or you waste time looking for the dot. Definitely going to need practice.

I like to start with the muzzle down a bit and slowly bring it up. Once I have it sit for a minute, then put it down and try to bring it right back. After a little while you get pretty dang good at putting it dead on with your first try.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Looking for the dot on those FF's is a royal pain. I had a FF2 and a FF3. I thought the FF3 would be better, but it wasn't, so I got rid of both of them. Ultra Dot and Primary Arms are my go to red dots now. I guess I'm a tube guy.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Looking for the dot on those FF's is a royal pain. I had a FF2 and a FF3. I thought the FF3 would be better, but it wasn't, so I got rid of both of the. Ultra Dot and Primary Arms are my go to red dots now. I guess I'm a tube guy.
    Yeah, I could see that. Without a shit load of practice I can't see using one of these on a SD pistol. Let alone actually hunting.

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Yeah, I could see that. Without a shit load of practice I can't see using one of these on a SD pistol. Let alone actually hunting.
    Same here. With an SD pistol you don't have time to be looking for a stupid red dot. Whoever came up with red dots on SD pistols was a marketing genus and makes that old saying ring true.

Top Bottom