• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apparently, according to the manager, their list prices are the same throughout their catalog for all their stores, regardless of region, so the prices you see are the prices that things sell for up in YankeeLand, once the sales reports are reviewed at corporate, hopefully someone there will have enough sense to be able to point to the root of the problem: Yankee prices don't work in The South, especially in an area with so much competition. Meanwhile, there are deals to be had, you just have to look a little closer and past the obscene numbers on the Glocks.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dunno, Dan. I lived up in "YankeeLand" for a while, and I never saw a $700 Glock anywhere. :behindsofa:

But yes, hopefully they see the sales reports and fix it in a hurry.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Then again , the YankeeLand story could be BS. But then, I imagine, that if it was up in Illinois or New York somewhere, and it was the only gun store for 60 miles, I could see $650 Glocks, but who knows?!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here is what I suggest. ---> Go to all the big stores mentioned above. Do the touchie-feelie thing. See if they will take that god-dammed trigger guard off for you so that you can dry fire the weapon at least twice. (PLEASE ...... don't point the weapon at anyone while you are doing this because this makes us all look like non-caring jerk-offs.) Ask a ton of questions to the "associate"(yeah,right) that was working at the local shoe store yesterday. Believe NONE of what he/she sez.

THEN --------> Contact one of the dealers(FFL guys)that take part in this forum and see what he will do for you as far as price and availability. Order the weapon from him if possible. If these guys care enough to post on this forum,they deserve a crack at the sales. Usually,if they are within $25 of what the stores want ...... I will buy from them simply because of the above. BUT ..... don't hesitate to make our "little" FFL's compete against each other. YEP ......... it's called capitalism. --- SAWMAN

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dunno, Dan. I lived up in "YankeeLand" for a while, and I never saw a $700 Glock anywhere. :behindsofa:

But yes, hopefully they see the sales reports and fix it in a hurry.
    Apparently Bass Pro in Spanish Fort doesn't look at sales reports because all of the gun prices have always been high. Glocks are $699.99 at BPS plus 10.95% tax there brings your total to $776.63 or you can take a 10 minute drive to Styx River and give them $569 cash for the same gun.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes buy from your LGS, first time you have an issue with a firearm you'll wish you had. You're not going to get near the same knowledge and customer service from big box.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While walking around Gander Mountain on Wed of last week, I came across my hunting ammo for my 30-06 for the same price that I can order it online for. I shoot the SP Core-Lokt rounds and not the PSP that you can find at every other store out there. Gander Mountain is the only store locally even the LGS stores in the area that carry these rounds. I've been buying them online for years or bought them when I traveled to Jacksonville for work and bought them there at the GM there.

Don't ask me why, but my Rem 700 shoots those old style round nose Core-Lokts better than any expensive round out there. I've tried them all and I can put these cheapo rounds in the same hole at 150 yards. And I've not lost a deer with them yet. Knock on wood!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was shopping for Hi Cap 10/22 mags in the ole Gander but I just had to pass. $89.00 ea. I told one of the guys working there that someone had made a mistake on the pricing, and he said "nope".
    Haven't been back since.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I was shopping for Hi Cap 10/22 mags in the ole Gander but I just had to pass. $89.00 ea. I told one of the guys working there that someone had made a mistake on the pricing, and he said "nope".
    Haven't been back since.

I know they make some metal ones that are higher than the Butler Creeks and BX25s but they are no where near that price. What brand was it?

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TP it is just hard to beat the proven performance of the Core-Lokt line.

So far, I've not been able to beat them with the accuracy out of my hunting rifle. I've tried a ton of factory rounds and the good ole green and yellow box core lokt round nose bullets are deadly out of my rifle. I have the bullets from three of the four deer on my wall. Each one is a text book mushroom. And while I did not get a pass through on these deer, all of them were quartering at me shots where the round went in in front of the shoulder and embedded itself in the rear end of the deer hide.

And in other shots, it's not let me down yet. I just wish more stores carried the SP round nose version that I shoot.

Assault Sports

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kimber Custom II .45 @ Gander Mtn - $949.00

YIKES!!!

We can sell you the same pistol for roughly $50 over our dealer cost, plus tax.
    That puts us at about $200 less than a big box store. Deal? You bet.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As much as I think gander is way over priced I did see a used g19 (can't remember gen3 or 4) for $450 with an extra mag. Should've bought it I guess.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoy going to Gander for the eye candy. And we all have to admit their ammo selection trumps anyone elses locally. Good place to fondle what you want and see some things you've never seen. I'm sure with any other box store, their specials ROCK!

Top Bottom