• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NCTransplant

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a gun enthusiast, not an expert by any means. I recently took a gander at the newer Gander Mt. here in Pensacola. Store is beautiful, ammo everywhere! ('cept .22 but that goes without saying.) Now time for my complaint. Has anyone noticed the new price of a glock gen 4 in there? Please tell me Im seeing things. $699.99 for a glock! Holy Canoli!! Has anyone ever payed this much for a glock? Am I missing something?
    Rant Complete.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LMAO. I buy a little ammo there...and I will handle a gun there...but there's no way in hell I could buy a gun from there...you think new prices are bad, look at the used ones

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    It's a very nice store, and close to my house. I buy some ammo there and I've bought a few other things there also. But, their gun prices are through the roof. They sell used Glocks for more than you can buy new ones for at any other store in town. No Way would I buy a handgun from Gander Mountain. Their prices on firearms are outrageous. Nice place to window shop, just go down the street to your friendly local dealer to make the purchase.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haha...I agree...but I also think their ammo is high too...but I understand if you need it you might as well get it...unfortunately I only went to the Pcola Gander 1 time before moving to Tx so I don't know how busy that 1 is...but the 1 in Tx ALWAYS has someone buying firearms when I go to look...and I just shake my head...i do love the selection tho...a little bit of everything under 1 roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I stopped by there the other day when they had .22 ammo on sale. When I was at the counter, two people came in and were looking to buy a handgun. Both said that this would be their first gun.
    So, I'm guessing they pretty much rely on first time buyers that don't have a clue.
    If you ever look at Slickguns, if you click on a gun that is on sale somewhere it will have a table at the bottom comparing prices of that store with about 10 other stores. Gander's price is always hundreds above everybody elses.
    This subject was also gone over in another thread that hit several pages I believe.

NCTransplant

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have also noticed that like Sports Authority, the parking lot is always pretty open. Hard to compete with Academy which is always packed. I agree with the buying local and from the good people on this forum. You will learn more, get a better deal, and make a better connection for the future almost every time.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder what their employee discount is...I know Academy gives their employees 20% off...if Gander does the same thing then that just brings the prices down to what they should be to start...might have to look into a part time 2nd job...hahaha

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a Winchester 100rd boxes of .45 at Wally World , same box was $64.99 at Gander. That and $699 for a Glock really ?? They should hand out Vaseline as a door favor.

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Winchester white box target 9mm is $27ish at wally world when they have it. At Gander, $39.99 last I checked. While they usually have plenty on hand, I don't see that convenience as being worth the extra $13-14 per box of 100. Plus, the dozen or so times I have been in there to handle a gun, there was only ONCE where a person behind the counter actually came up to assist. I go to look, but they won't ever get my $$.

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lately I've been able to pick up 100 rd boxes of federal 45acp at Walmart for 28$ . Compared to 28$ For 50 at gander mountain

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I got a great deal on my 357, but I think it's because it was mislabeled. Lol.

The paperwork and buying process was ridiculous. If it hadn't been such a good deal, I would've walked out in the middle of the papers.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So I get the cash for my Governor, I call Academy to see if they have one, and they do, so I head that way. I get there, and it's SILVER!!!!
    WHY?!?!?
    Anyway, I'm bummed, but I head to Gander Mtn since I figure they'll have one, even though, I know it'll be overpriced.

Sure enough: Oh, it's on sale! But it's still $80 more than Academy, but it's colored properly. Hmmm. I can have it right now (well, after the ridiculous paperwork), for $80 more. Decisions, decisions, so the nice lady who sold me the 360 comes over, I explain the situation, and she's like "oh, that's no problem, we can match Academy's price"
    SWEET!
    I also find some 000 buckshot in the 2.5" variety, which I haven't seen anywhere in a while. I had some time to kill since The batchelorette (sp?) was blaring at my house, so I didn't mind the checkout process so much this time.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I went in there this past weekend to see if I could make some kind of trade. When they came back with a number that was less than half wholesale price (but I get a $25 gift card with it), that was pretty much it for me and Gander Mountain. I get they're a retail chain and they have to turn a profit, but there's profits and then there's insulting.

And that was after I saw them trying to pass off PT92s as Beretta 92s... :mod:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    At least unlike Bass Pro they sell Tannerite! You guys in Pcola are lucky that you have 3 big name stores to even compare prices at. Down here we're stuck with Bass Pro and they are overpriced and usually don't have in stock what you want!

What I really find hard to believe is a big name sporting goods store hasn't opened up in Crestview, that town is growing in a hurry and has a lot of people who are into outdoor adventure type sports. You'd think with the big army camp that moved in not far it way one would be going up now!

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a gun enthusiast, not an expert by any means. I recently took a gander at the newer Gander Mt. here in Pensacola. Store is beautiful, ammo everywhere! ('cept .22 but that goes without saying.) Now time for my complaint. Has anyone noticed the new price of a glock gen 4 in there? Please tell me Im seeing things. $699.99 for a glock! Holy Canoli!! Has anyone ever payed this much for a glock? Am I missing something?
    Rant Complete.

The last Gen 4 Glock I bought was a new G26 that I paid $569.00 out the door.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I don't see how any of them stay in business. I got the big Bass Pro hunting circular in the mail the other day. They had the S&W Sport for $140 more than I paid on-line. (plus you have to add about $50 tax)
    They had the S&W M&P 15-22 for about $100 more than I paid on-line (plus tax).
    I don't understand why anybody would buy from them.

Top Bottom