• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaos

Marksman
    I have shopped a Gander Mountain for years being from the Mid-west and they will become competitive so don't give up so easily. I went there today also and the prices are a little high, but as the competition builds up for business you will see them come down a bit, or the competitors will come up and they will find a middle ground for pricing. Today its all about making money to get over that huge bill to open a new store. I did see a ruger mini-14 223 582 series ranch rifle used for 549.00 and it was in nice shape. They also told me they will have 22lr in the morning when the store opens at 0900.

gendoc

Master
    No, the manager said they hadn't gotten there yet. He said they might be in tonight's truck. We'll see.

thanks dan !!

Gene

Expert
    Got there after work around 3:30 and clerk said they sold all 22lr. Looks like all their new guns are at full MSRP. Had tons of all other ammo just more expensive 556 boxes were 10-15 dollars more than academy. Used guns were somewhat pricey though they did have good selection. Nothing really caught my eye picked up a ruger10\22 soft case for my sons rifle that was it. Thinking of upgrading my safe so looked at them for a bit. Overall nice store priceier than most someplace to go when wife wants to go to Sams or Barnes and Noble!

HEIST

Master
    The store wont carry reloading supplies but they will do site to store with free shipping. If you order primer or powder you will still have the hazmat fee.

HEIST

Master
    They still had CCI 22shorts in the 100rd packs behind the counter if anybody needs some.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    The store wont carry reloading supplies but they will do site to store with free shipping. If you order primer or powder you will still have the hazmat fee.

Even expensive azz Bass Pro does not charge hazmat when you order site to store.

Dan1612

Master
    ^
    Hmm... Oh well. This would be a great niche market for TGD to hop on. JMO.

I do love the shorts, but I've got more than I need.

Emcm2

Master
    Ok went to Gander tonight was not impressed at all
    Everything was severely OVER priced same 45 ammo I'm buying everywhere else was 25.00 more per 100 we looked at the used guns and a used I did say used Gen 3 Glock 21 629.00 wow I asked if it came with a gold coin he didn't find me funny but I atleast got to see the new bushmaster bolt action 50cal wow what a rifle. If you wanted to shell out 9 k bet else where it would run 3 grand

posthuman13

Expert
    Isn't that the truth. I was happy to find a bulk box of 40 cal but not happy to see the price. I could have bought 50 count boxes at Walmart and still get 300 rounds before I paid as much as Gander. Fun to look aroind but that is it. If they actually sold reloading items they would of had a sale but they told me they don't sale reloading items because cuatomers would complain that could get the same items cheaper online lol. Then why do they sale anything? Everything they sale is cheaper online.

wld1985

Expert
    Another member the other day said if you have a smart phone,and can pull up a price from walmart or academny they will price match... I agree about the used hand gun prices , I seen a sccy in there cpx1 and they wanted 249 used, I told the guy there 275 NIB Out the door..

I went in yesterday they said (NO) reloading anything will be in that store. But u can order it, an they will ship it there for u. Plus no hazmat cost on primers an powders but u have to order it and they ship it there.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rusty Glocks with major cosmetic damage only $499! Get them while their hot!

That's all I have to say about that store lol

T140

Expert
    Great selection, little higher prices than Academy but better quality gear. Mike's will definitely feel pinch of this store.

Famine

Master
    Same problem with them as most big box stores - folks behind the counter not knowing their product. Their list prices are too high but they did say they would price match local stores within 60 miles IF the store has them in stock...Academy has $499 Glocks - just not in stock so no price match. What they told me is they call the local store to confirm price and availability. They don't budge on their used gun prices as those are set by what they paid for them plus their mark up. They do have a large selection of long guns, black guns, shot guns, revolvers, pistols and ammo. Good place to look at what you might want to see and touch that you cant find locally but not somewhere I will buy from.

Deersniper270

Master
    I was referring to the used Glocks that were $499. That's what was funny since you can get them new for that or less. But yeah they had a huge selection of everything. I was checking out their hunting style ARs. The guy seemed knowledgable and offered to show me how to break it down and clean. I told him it was ok since I was just looking. Nice guy and about my age. Didn't know you could get an AR in 7mm-08.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Ok...as much as I hate to admit it, I went to Gander this morning and scored about 2200rds of 22lr for a decent price. About 6 cents/rd. Sorry for going against my convictions. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom