• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    I know nothing about milsurps but they were bolt action and I believe they said Century Arms on the tag. They looked unissued. The clerk said they opened crates of them.
    Ha, BPS and Dick's with 10% added to cost. That was exactly what I was thinking.
    Their management better get with the program if they expect to last around here. This isn't Atlanta.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    No doubt, and I could be way off but $599+ for a used gen2 g21. Maybe I'm still hoping for the past and this is just a sign of the new norm. Pretty cool collection of weaponry though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

7.62x39

Marksman
    When I saw 70$ for 45acp Winchester white box 100 rd packs right then I knew it was time to leave .

Welldoya

Master
    Yep, the UMC 200 round bulk pack of .45 was $130.
    I think a 100 round box of WWB at Walmart is about $47 IIRC.
    S&W 642s were $499. And I did seen the ridiculous prices on used Glocks.
    I didn't even finish walking around the store after seeing the prices in the gun dept.

gendoc

Master
    Did yall leave any 22lr ammo for me ????

was there any powder or primers ???

Last edited:

drake22

Shooter
    I've been to other Gander Mountains, and they will run sale prices that are hard to beat. (In limited quanities.) They usually have better prices on used guns, and offer lay away services so I think that helps them out.

Welldoya

Master

Didn't check on powder. Honestly, I didn't hardly look around after seeing prices on guns and ammo. I left and went to Sam's Club.
    .22 was the first thing I asked for. The clerk said that there were 20 people in line when they opened and they all wanted .22. Sounds like they didn't have much to begin with.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I've been to other Gander Mountains, and they will run sale prices that are hard to beat. (In limited quanities.) They usually have better prices on used guns, and offer lay away services so I think that helps them out.

Yeah, go back in a year and every used gun on the rack will be covered in surface rust from all the people handling them and the store never wiping them down. That's the way Gander is in Jacksonville and St. Augustine anyway.

7.62x39

Marksman

Ya when I got there at 9:10 there was a line of about 25 people just for 22lr I waited for the line to die down and got 200 rds of federal . They had a limit of 2 boxes . I'm sure it's long gone by now

gendoc

Master
    oh-well... thanks for the heads up :drum:

poff09

Marksman
    Ditto to everything said above..I knew it would be high but some of the prices were insane..I did get to look at the new Rem R51..did u know its a smaller version of a 1911..that's when I walked away..I did love the selection tho..I might go in 1 time a month just to drool (and then mess myself over prices)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gendoc

Master
    If you need them that bad Ill sell them to you for what I paid for them

naw, i'm good.....just looking out for my grandkids this summer plink'n and critter get'n.

our stuff only likes HV jacketed.

waxed leads of any nature are a no-no in them.

i'm always looking in other directions.....thanks !!!

Dan1612

Master
    Well , I LOVE IT!!!
    I found exactly what I was looking for, and I am very happy. I do REALLY hope they keep the ammo prices exactly where they are. While, they were most often a bit higher than Wally World and Academy, when and if you can find them, they actually had most calibers in stock. I actually found a pretty good deal on 380 and 9mm. I'm glad about the prices, since hopefully they'll drive the cheapskates and the hoarders away, and they'll actually be in stock when I go in there looking for a box or two for the range.

The only guns that I found to be really overpriced were the Glocks and ARs. Everything else seemed about right for retail.

I had 3 men come up to me and ask if they had any 22. By the third one I was a bit irritated by it and actually feel kinda bad since I know I came across rude, but I have no patience for this ridiculous self induced craze over something that is not even that much fun. I don't get it.

I did see Capt Ron there, and I overheard some moron talking about how soon we wouldn't be able to get Russian Ammo, so he was stocking up. :rollseyes:

Regardless, they've got at least one fan today, and if they keep their selection and stock level up, I'll be a fan for a while.

gendoc

Master
    Well , I LOVE IT!!!
    I found exactly what I was looking for, and I am very happy. I do REALLY hope they keep the ammo prices exactly where they are. While, they were most often a bit higher than Wally World and Academy, when and if you can find them, they actually had most calibers in stock. I actually found a pretty good deal on 380 and 9mm. I'm glad about the prices, since hopefully they'll drive the cheapskates and the hoarders away, and they'll actually be in stock when I go in there looking for a box or two for the range.

The only guns that I found to be really overpriced were the Glocks and ARs. Everything else seemed about right for retail.

I had 3 men come up to me and ask if they had any 22. By the third one I was a bit irritated by it and actually feel kinda bad since I know I came across rude, but I have no patience for this ridiculous self induced craze over something that is not even that much fun. I don't get it.

I did see Capt Ron there, and I overheard some moron talking about how soon we wouldn't be able to get Russian Ammo, so he was stocking up. :rollseyes:

Regardless, they've got at least one fan today, and if they keep their selection and stock level up, I'll be a fan for a while.

well dan, i'm glad you like it.....
    did you notice any handload'n supplies ??

Top Bottom