• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As more and more of this shit happens,makes me more and more inclined to do buisness ONLY with the more established and respected members of this forum.
    And NO ONE WITH LESS THAN 50 POSTS. Meaningful,helpful,posts.
    AND - -> If the mods think that this post is "one of my complaints" about this forum,please try and understand . . IT IS NOT. --- SAWMAN

standles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Understand the frustration with bad deals and people with bad character. However, the "50 posts" or some other arbitrary number is implemented on other sites. Never understood that being somehow a measure or character and/or ethics. I too long for the days when if you gave your word or shook on a deal it was done. I have been in several that after I "shook on it" realized I screwed myself. It didn't matter the deal went through with me taking the loss. By comparison I had deals with some people I personally knew for some years and they ended up being worthless POS. A persons mettle is not known until it is tested.

Steven

As more and more of this shit happens,makes me more and more inclined to do buisness ONLY with the more established and respected members of this forum.
    AND - -> If the mods think that this post is "one of my complaints" about this forum,please try and understand . . IT IS NOT. --- SAWMAN

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No matter what you use in an attempt to filter out problems, there will always be folks who lie, cheat, and steal... that's just part of doing business on the internet.

Membership tenure and post counts are a "fair" indicator, but I've seen and personally had bad dealings with guys who had YEARS of time on the site and hundreds of posts. Even folks with LOTS of great feedback have turned sour. Drugs, alcohol, unemployment, divorce, injury, mental problems, all have been used as excuses for unexpected departure from normal behavior.

I've yet to be scammed (knocking on wood) but I've been close. Took me a couple of months standing in the internet line for a guy to make good an multiple bad deals where he took money from about six or eight of us with no delivery. He simply had "issues" but after a very long phone call to him he slowly made things right. In fact, he sent me a different scope (still a nice scope) than what was advertised and offered a partial refund which I thought I never get but did.

I've taken chances in the past on $450-$500 items from people who just joined and have little to no feedback, but that's after I've dome some homework on verification of information they have provided me... but again, that's not a guarantee either.

Bottom line... there are great deals to be had out there on gun boards and they make for a great place to sell your stuff at a fair price, just have to use due care and keep in mind... if it's too good to be true...

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with most of the above posters, but it seems to me that some members have bad deals with multiple people. I personally won’t deal with anyone that’s had three or more bad deals. It makes me wonder who is actually the problem when so many deals they’ve been involved in go bad.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Then - - -> please allow me to further explain my reasoning on the 50 posts thing.
    At 50 (or 60 or 63,or 71) it tells me that you have not just come here to make some money. It tells me that you have come to this forum to enjoy a hobby that we all (should) have in common. If you have been a member for at least a year or two and have 21 posts,to me,that is a indicator to me that you do not want to contribute to the well being of this forum and its members.
    Then I look at your post history. Are you posting ONLY about buying and selling ?? Are you posting ONLY political,ONLY religion,ONLY talk about the grand kids,dogs,cats,etc ??
    Do you have a history of posting information on many different topics related to the different forum topics ??Do you post what you heard or read on the internet or from your own expierances ??
    Your age,religion,color of your skin,ethnic background,or truck you drive,does not determine weather I want to do buisness with you or not. But your ability to communicate effectively AND RESPECTFULLY is a deciding factor for me.
    Contrary to what some people think around here,I will always try to be respectful of others. If you read some of my posts I try to use the word "sir" when appropriate. I also use the term "IMO or IMHO" and "may I please ask" quite often.
    When I reply to a PM I always end it with " ---- Bill". Most people do not even use a name at all. In different scenarios I make sure to let people know that I live in Cantonment. I do this out of plane ass ol' respect.
    GET IT !! ---- SAWMAN

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm new here from FloridaGunTrader, why I've kept the same name just to make it easy, been on there for a few years and have had many deals with people with no issues, last one was a guy that told me about this forum.

The buyer/seller feedback thread here is a good place to leave feedback, some of the other forums I'm on have a trader rating under your little avatar to the left here that people can rate you and they have to tag in the original buying/selling post or it won't stick, that way there is no bogus ratings.

Having the forum here does help for conversation..so yea people could establish a reputation that way, other could see, like you mentioned above.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yea, some people are turds. The ones that want to change the deal up within a half our of the planned meeting time after talking about it for a few days, yea I don't have time for them types.

I have some sarcasm because that's just my personality but I'll deal with an honest asshole all day over someone who's a sweetheart and their word is garbage. One of the two I can depend on.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Yep, it’s an issue and people just have to be aware that turds are out there. It’s a legit complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinleo76

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a question about the 50 post rule of yours...I get your point but what about new people like myself that aren't flakes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well if you have the time, rack up some posts in some of the conversations on here and it will appease the minds of some here.

Top Bottom