• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    As an eagle scout, I'm kinda butt hurt about this...
    Depending on how butt hurt you are will depend on the settlement

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) filed for bankruptcy in 2020 after several U.S. states enacted laws letting accusers sue over decades-old abuse allegations. The organization ultimately reached a settlement, approved in court in 2022, that would pay abuse victims amounts ranging from $3,500 to $2.7 million.

The settlement involves more than 82,000 men who have said they were abused as children by troop leaders while in the Boy Scouts. More than 86% of abuse survivors voted to support the agreement in bankruptcy court.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Depending on how butt hurt you are will depend on the settlement

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) filed for bankruptcy in 2020 after several U.S. states enacted laws letting accusers sue over decades-old abuse allegations. The organization ultimately reached a settlement, approved in court in 2022, that would pay abuse victims amounts ranging from $3,500 to $2.7 million.

The settlement involves more than 82,000 men who have said they were abused as children by troop leaders while in the Boy Scouts. More than 86% of abuse survivors voted to support the agreement in bankruptcy court.
    I'm well aware of the lawsuits
    I'll give you props for the pun though .
    My troop withered away after my scout master passed about 5 years ago. Those allegations never really popped up back in the day and there's no way for proof back then to now... its sad it happened, I'm sure it did with sick people as we all know are in this world but boyscouts used to mean something and it's sad it's dwindled to its current state

Southalabama

Master
    I'm well aware of the lawsuits
    I'll give you props for the pun though .
    My troop withered away after my scout master passed about 5 years ago. Those allegations never really popped up back in the day and there's no way for proof back then to now... its sad it happened, I'm sure it did with sick people as we all know are in this world but boyscouts used to mean something and it's sad it's dwindled to its current state
    I couldn’t resist.

I’m the kid that threw rocks at a hornets nest and ran.

Our local troop disbanded after about 80 years.

Southalabama

Master
    They a big early proponent but so were many churches. Locally the Baptist had a troop and the Methodist had a troop. The Baptist first to fold then recently the Methodist troop

Top Bottom