• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Themumfordman

Master
    That’s an 18” Noveske barrel in 6.5 Grendel, BCM upper, Geissele 15” rail, JP bolt

Lower is running the A5 with an H2 buffer and a LaRue trigger. I run the B5 since it’s a more vertical grip and I’ve got them on most of my other rigs so there’s some consistency there. CTR stock allows for the cheek riser and you can lock it in a position which takes out wobble.

Nice. I love the Geissele rails, been using them a lot.

I went a little different on my 6.8 SPC build: ADM UIC lower receiver & extension, JP silent spring, Triggertech Diamond trigger w/DD barrel and BCG. Geissele MK8 rail of course.

Attachments

• IMG_9533.jpeg
      IMG_9533.jpeg
      3.5 MB · Views: 18

850guns

Master
    I also ordered the KAK mini receiver extension kit, with both buffers. Won't put it on this pistol build. But for just over $100 bucks, I'll put it on Something. It shrinks oal by 1&1/2".
    I tried a sba3, and oddly it was something like 1/2" longer when collapsed, and 1/2" shorter when extended when compared to the factory cut KAK stock. I thought about cutting/modifying the brace, but there's probably some stupid regulation against it.
    Anyone know of a brace that will work with this system?

Themumfordman

Master
    I also ordered the KAK mini receiver extension kit, with both buffers. Won't put it on this pistol build. But for just over $100 bucks, I'll put it on Something. It shrinks oal by 1&1/2".
    I tried a sba3, and oddly it was something like 1/2" longer when collapsed, and 1/2" shorter when extended when compared to the factory cut KAK stock. I thought about cutting/modifying the brace, but there's probably some stupid regulation against it.
    Anyone know of a brace that will work with this system?
    Not sure about that one specifically, but Maxim Defense has an awesome brace/stock setup on carriage rails. I had one on my original 11.5" AR pistol build until I got the SBR stamp.

850guns

Master
    Not sure about that one specifically, but Maxim Defense has an awesome brace/stock setup on carriage rails. I had one on my original 11.5" AR pistol build until I got the SBR stamp.
    Yeah, they are highly recommended. And run multi-cal. I'm sure I'll get one soon.

850guns

Master
    So, I'll keep the thread alive with my quest for a 300bo pistol upper.
    I'm looking at barrel lengths from 8.5"-10.5"-12.5". How much performance do I gain with longer barrels?

I love the look of the 8.5, but willing to go longer to gain performance and more purchase/rail space.
    The 4ish inch barrel on my banshee 300s are a lot of fun, but I appreciate the extra room on my 8.5" Banshee MkG (.45acp)
    But a longer barrel/rail might work out better for cross training with the mk111 uppers I use.
    What do you say?

Last edited:

Themumfordman

Master
    In 300 blackout? Not a ton from what I've seen. I'm not sure on the ballistics, but really the whole round was designed around the honey badger with a 7.5" barrel. I've always understood that 300 blackout supers get full burn after 8 inches, so unless you're trying to reach out to say 300+ yards there's zero reason to go for a full length rifle barrel at 16 inches or more. I've run rounds through several uppers and guns using 5.5" to 10.5", and I think that right about that 8 inch mark is the sweet spot.

I can hit 150-200 on my setup with just the AEMS green dot, which really is about the max range I'd want to use that round for. Shooting 50-100 yards suppressed with subs is just stupid fun.

Themumfordman

Master
    I'll add that 300 blackout is a very specialty round. Not something you'd want to do mid-range hunting with over a .308 or something like that, but home defense or shooting hogs inside 150 yards it's freaking sweet. With that, 7-10 inches is plenty. Don't let her tell you differently. ;)

850guns

Master
    In 300 blackout? Not a ton from what I've seen. I'm not sure on the ballistics, but really the whole round was designed around the honey badger with a 7.5" barrel. I've always understood that 300 blackout supers get full burn after 8 inches, so unless you're trying to reach out to say 300+ yards there's zero reason to go for a full length rifle barrel at 16 inches or more. I've run rounds through several uppers and guns using 5.5" to 10.5", and I think that right about that 8 inch mark is the sweet spot.

I can hit 150-200 on my setup with just the AEMS green dot, which really is about the max range I'd want to use that round for. Shooting 50-100 yards suppressed with subs is just stupid fun.
    That's a vote for 8.5

850guns

Master
    I'll add that 300 blackout is a very specialty round. Not something you'd want to do mid-range hunting with over a .308 or something like that, but home defense or shooting hogs inside 150 yards it's freaking sweet. With that, 7-10 inches is plenty. Don't let her tell you differently. ;)
    Yeah, there's that. Guess that's why I've never been crazy about the round. I've had friends talk me out of a couple 300blk uppers cause I don't shoot it much.

joebagodonuts

Shooter
    Yeah, there's that. Guess that's why I've never been crazy about the round. I've had friends talk me out of a couple 300blk uppers cause I don't shoot it much.
    I run a 9" BRN-180 upper and with 110 grain V-max it's a hammer on deer within 200 yards(I've never had a longer opportunity). Tons of damage, almost too much in some cases so you have to pick your shot to avoid too much meat damage. It's also an easier package to carry around compared to a longer setup and ballistically the 110 gr or similar has pretty good trajectory for most applications. I've built a 7.5" and it was cool, but too short for my liking with a 7" handguard.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpeg
      IMG_1022.jpeg
      3.2 MB · Views: 5

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I run a 9" BRN-180 upper and with 110 grain V-max it's a hammer on deer within 200 yards(I've never had a longer opportunity). Tons of damage, almost too much in some cases so you have to pick your shot to avoid too much meat damage. It's also an easier package to carry around compared to a longer setup and ballistically the 110 gr or similar has pretty good trajectory for most applications. I've built a 7.5" and it was cool, but too short for my liking with a 7" handguard.
    My issue with these is the extra loudness. Love the compactness of em, just not the 20 minute ringing after. Had a wonderful 7.62x39 7.5 but good lord it was wayyyy to loud to enjoy.

joebagodonuts

Shooter
    My issue with these is the extra loudness. Love the compactness of em, just not the 20 minute ringing after. Had a wonderful 7.62x39 7.5 but good lord it was wayyyy to loud to enjoy.
    We’re not barbarians so a can is ran. I haven’t done a side by side, but I would probably say the BRN is a quieter system all around just because there’s no buffer tube. A supersonic crack is a supersonic crack, but the actual noise coming from the action seems to be a good bit quieter at least to the shooter.

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpeg
      IMG_2034.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 7

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    The CMMG 22 setup is freaking sweet. I ended up doing a dedicated AR-22 rifle with their bolt system, barrel and mags. Runs like a champ.
    I have a wasp upper and another cmmg upper that was pieced together and they both run good. Dedicated uppers and bolts with the short port door. Also 22lr specific charging handle. Didn't know it was a thing. Maybe that's why people have issues with them hanging up. Not an expert.

850guns

Master
    I had to use milspec charging handle on my cmmg .22 upper.
    The latch would prevent it from going into battery with an ambi charging handle. Wonder if the Strike Industries latchless handle would work?
    I also got the full "bore buddy"(?) Kit installed recently, but haven't had it out yet.

Last edited:

Themumfordman

Master
    I had to use milspec charging handle on my cmmg .22 upper.
    The latch would prevent it from going into battery with an ambi charging handle. Wonder if the Strike Industries latchless handle would work?
    I also got the full "bore buddy"(?) Kit installed recently, but haven't had it out yet.

Believe it or not I’ve got a Radian on mine. Thing runs just fine. Overkill, but effective.

Top Bottom