• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Uh sorry...I really don't know how to respond to your above wildrider unless I somehow touched a nerve. Anyway we are each entitled to our opinions. I reckon that I will just sit back and allow you to keep showing your ass. Or better still...wait 'til you think of it then simply agree.

I treat people with respect....I DEMAND the same. I do not feel that is asking too much, but apparently you do.

Kinda weird also is that you do not seem to want to talk about(and research)what LEO's do in a open carry state. Your task for the evening is to give this some thought and post the answer in the morning.

We will be waiting. --- SAWMAN

Sawman: So now after I call you on it, you give respect then "demand it". You are shallow and transparent. You don't assign me "homework" are you serious. You do have a superiority complex and think you have a set of balls to match. I'm not a computer commando like you just trying to piss people off like you frequently do. You and all you buds can quit asking and sending PMs about my Dept history. None of your business. What are trying to accomplish with that. Petty games for petty minds. You seem just like the idiots that legally open carry (with a video cam too) just to generate conflict. Assholes one and all that endanger firearms ownership and lawful carry. You are earning the name Troll very quickly. I have tried logic and reason with you before. I have given the courtesy of discussion by PM so as not to publicly dump on you but you persist and still become the burr under the saddle. As I don't want to burden the Forum further encouraging your unsound banter, I shall just note you as a Troll from now on when you act the part.

Gaijin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This event occurred in 2009, the gentleman who was stopped for an expired registration was booked for carrying prohibited weapon illegally (a second degree misdemeanor, and the case was dropped by the States Attorney about 2 weeks later. The defendant had to file a motion to retrieve his weapon and all has been quiet since.

The Deputy is now a seven year veteran of the Citrus County Sheriff's Dept, and has received several commendations and zero complaints according to a Sheriffs spokesperson who also indicated that there is now (three and one-half years AFTER the fact) an investigation into the traffic stop and arrest.

Gaijin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With these facts and watching the video again, I think both parties were in the wrong, and as much as it pains me, the deputy was much more to blame for the situation escalating than the driver of the van. Legally he didn't HAVE to inform the deputy he had a CCW or a weapon on his person. Common sense dictates he should have.

The deputy made several errors in the arrest, and he should also have used common sense. I've rarely seen an officer allow a person to exit a vehicle at the outset of a traffic stop. The deputy rightfully got excited when he saw the gun, but, after ordering the driver to 'assume the position', he should have secured the weapon, secured the driver and then asked several important questions, the first of which would be "Do you have a permit for that weapon?" and the second, "May I see it?".

I think the deputy (who had about 3 years experience at the time this occurred) got excited, made a felony arrest, and decided he was going to take the case to the max. He was NOT interested in hearing anything from the driver or his wife, and if just a little common sense had been applied, the arrest would never have happened, and both gentlemen could have learned a valuable lesson.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well said Gaijin. I would hope this issue would not have been "reopened' but video lives forever. The limitation on a civil suit is two years. Hopefully it is just to consider it a training issue. Way too late for adverse action towards either party. It must have been handled at a level below the level that initiated the current investigation. Probably the Mayor's Office.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brief accidental exposure of the firearm with no intent to brandish (such as when reaching up to get something off a high shelf and your shirt comes up or the wind blows your jacket open) is no longer a crime under Florida law.

Covered this on post 30 but worth repeating as that is the LAW. Its like scratching you junk in public, you do not mean to have someone else see it but sometimes is happens. Same applies with removal and replacement when getting in and out of a vehicle. Be discrete and watch the muzzle. I have no problem waiting for someone to move from the area for more privacy.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Funny, I was at Beall's getting some jeans and wanted to try them on, opened the dressing room door and there was a handgun in a holster visible on the bench/seat. Not many people there so I looked around and I see a guy and his wife close by looking at some clothes for him. Keeping an eye of the door of the dressing room I went over and said excuse me, are you using that dressing room? Yes, But you left your weapon exposed on the bench in the dressing room where anyone even a child could get at it. I would suggest securing your weapon, he was quite embarrassed!

Top Bottom