• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hot Holster

Shooter
    I will confirm there is a lack of training on Florida firearm laws. In fact, when I went through the academy to get my recert, there was not one minute during the entire curriculum that addressed Florida firearm laws. Here I am coming from another state with different laws, yet they fail to address laws that cops may face every day. Stupid, dangerous, and totally, irresponsible. They made it so if you wanted to know the laws, you go to the Florida statutes and read about them, if you are too lazy, oh well, go out and enforce them as you see fit.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I will confirm there is a lack of training on Florida firearm laws. In fact, when I went through the academy to get my recert, there was not one minute during the entire curriculum that addressed Florida firearm laws. Here I am coming from another state with different laws, yet they fail to address laws that cops may face every day. Stupid, dangerous, and totally, irresponsible. They made it so if you wanted to know the laws, you go to the Florida statutes and read about them, if you are too lazy, oh well, go out and enforce them as you see fit.
    Most patrol cars now days have a LEO dedicated lap top on board and a training officer for the FNG , a partner and a zone sergeant plus back up for legal field assistance. no one wants a counseling by the LT OR WORSE .

Hot Holster

Shooter
    Most patrol cars now days have a LEO dedicated lap top on board and a training officer for the FNG , a partner and a zone sergeant plus back up for legal field assistance. no one wants a counseling by the LT OR WORSE .
    I've been out for a while, but I still hear of firearm law travesty's by LEO's, which should be a thing of the past. One of the most important, and dangerous item a cop can face...and no training. Some cops have no clue about open carry and carrying in vehicles and people are subjected to arrest or other abuse of laws because of ignorance and the stupidity of not taking the time to learn from statutes.

Reactions: B52

Miami_JBT

Expert
    When the FTO, Road Sgt, and Shift LT don't know the laws either since there is no training. Honest people get shafted.

Ask Mr. Leggett.

Reactions: B52

FNHman

Marksman
    And now the members of this very forum that give me a hard time for placing restrictions on my personal firearms for sale adds to exclude police, AFT, Secrete Service, ATF, ETC from buying guns from me knows why, they dont qualify in my book to have enough brains to own one nor do they protect us or arrest any person who has tried to seal our constitutional rights even when the illegal law has been passed and then later overturned by the supreme court the person/s responsibly for trying to seal our rights never get arrested for tyranny.

DustyDog

Master
    Like when I got arrested for "open carrying" (I wasn't) in Coral Gables in '89(?). I ended up in a feeding frenzy of cops (6-7), probably since I had several firearms in the car (the car below, no less : ), having spent the day at the West Palm gun show. One was accusing me of being a "gun runner", an "assassin", etc.

Eventually, all the cops calmed down except for one, a rookie female, who was thumbing through the Florida Law Enforcement Handbook trying to find something to pin on me. By that time, the other guys were literally asking her "What are you doing?". Eventually, she arrested me.

Side note on the most verbally abusive cop: About a year later, I was tooling through Coral Gables in the same car, late on a Saturday night, same day on which my tag had expired, when I was pulled over by guess who? Yep.

I don't recall either of us even getting out of the car. We were just conversing window-to-window when a sergeant pulled up and asked "Is everything alright?" The "abusive" cop told him:

"Yeah, we just got Mr. Gun here... last time we pulled him over he had fifteen guns in the car!" I responded:

"It was not fifteen, it was twelve!" The actual number was 7-8, but I figured two can play this game.

The sergeant nodded and drove off, and the "abusive" cop didn't even write me a ticket.

P.S., At least I still have those binoculars :p

Scoping it Out_NTresreduce.jpg

sloporsche

Master
    And now the members of this very forum that give me a hard time for placing restrictions on my personal firearms for sale adds to exclude police, AFT, Secrete Service, ATF, ETC from buying guns from me knows why, they dont qualify in my book to have enough brains to own one nor do they protect us or arrest any person who has tried to seal our constitutional rights even when the illegal law has been passed and then later overturned by the supreme court the person/s responsibly for trying to seal our rights never get arrested for tyranny.
    Do you restrict arms sales to antifa ,BLM ,MS13 ,hells angels ,any known terrorists organization ,wife beaters , sex perverts , ex cons etc and the big one ...do you turn down people who are sketchy ?

sloporsche

Master
    Like when I got arrested for "open carrying" (I wasn't) in Coral Gables in '89(?). I ended up in a feeding frenzy of cops (6-7), probably since I had several firearms in the car (the car below, no less : ), having spent the day at the West Palm gun show. One was accusing me of being a "gun runner", an "assassin", etc.

Eventually, all the cops calmed down except for one, a rookie female, who was thumbing through the Florida Law Enforcement Handbook trying to find something to pin on me. By that time, the other guys were literally asking her "What are you doing?". Eventually, she arrested me.

Side note on the most verbally abusive cop: About a year later, I was tooling through Coral Gables in the same car, late on a Saturday night, same day on which my tag had expired, when I was pulled over by guess who? Yep.

I don't recall either of us even getting out of the car. We were just conversing window-to-window when a sergeant pulled up and asked "Is everything alright?" The "abusive" cop told him:

"Yeah, we just got Mr. Gun here... last time we pulled him over he had fifteen guns in the car!" I responded:

"It was not fifteen, it was twelve!" The actual number was 7-8, but I figured two can play this game.

The sergeant nodded and drove off, and the "abusive" cop didn't even write me a ticket.

P.S., At least I still have those binoculars :p

View attachment 501438
    what was the arrest charge for and the outcome and i will take no insult to none of my business lol and keep your car legal too lol

DustyDog

Master
    what was the arrest charge for and the outcome and i will take no insult to none of my business lol and keep your car legal too lol
    "Open carrying" (which I wasn't doing) even though I had a permit.

I had an attorney (who was an ex-SWAT guy that my brother-in-law, a S. Florida LEO, knew) who got the charges dismissed at arraignment (I didn't even have to appear). Lo and behold, the state appealed the dismissal about a month later, which is crazy, since nothing actually happened during the incident (long story). Then, the charges were dismissed a second time, and the record sealed and expunged.

Yep... I'm not sure why I waited so late to renew the tag a year later, unless I had the car up for sale or something.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    What about me? I was a cop for fifteen years?

Welldoya

Master

That’s painting with a pretty broad brush. Cops are like anybody else - there are some good ones and some not-so-good ones.
    I had contact with a deputy last week. After business was done, the conversation turned to guns. We had a good visit.

FNHman

Marksman
    Do you restrict arms sales to antifa ,BLM ,MS13 ,hells angels ,any known terrorists organization ,wife beaters , sex perverts , ex cons etc and the big one ...do you turn down people who are sketchy ?

Absolutely, cant even imagine why one would you even have to ask.

FNHman

Marksman
    What about me? I was a cop for fifteen years?
    Id probably sell to you if you can answer this simple question honestly... When you where a police officer did you ever try to arrest anyone who tried to write laws that take away the constitutional rights of American citizens or did you sit by blindly and focus or more concerning matters like writing tickets for expired tags on broke hard working citizens?

FNHman

Marksman
    That’s painting with a pretty broad brush. Cops are like anybody else - there are some good ones and some not-so-good ones.
    I had contact with a deputy last week. After business was done, the conversation turned to guns. We had a good visit.
    I agree, there are MANY GREAT POLICE officers out there risking their life for pennies.... something Id never do for that pay. But I cant possibly screen all of them so I can set a broad rule to block all sales to them as I wish "exactly what the government does to citizens all the time". Like trying to board a plane without getting x-rayed, patted down, shoes removed, etc, etc, etc. Ill treat them all like criminals just like the government treats all of us all like criminals.

My problem is that no one arrest those who try to take rights from us citizens even after the fact when we KNOW they where completely wrong in passing certain laws. Maybe we have a need for a new class of police that focus on those in power positions who are actively engaged in tyranny. Then maybe I will be able to sleep better at night.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    "Open carrying" (which I wasn't doing) even though I had a permit.

I had an attorney (who was an ex-SWAT guy that my brother-in-law, a S. Florida LEO, knew) who got the charges dismissed at arraignment (I didn't even have to appear). Lo and behold, the state appealed the dismissal about a month later, which is crazy, since nothing actually happened during the incident (long story). Then, the charges were dismissed a second time, and the record sealed and expunged.

Yep... I'm not sure why I waited so late to renew the tag a year later, unless I had the car up for sale or something.

Deleted

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Id probably sell to you if you can answer this simple question honestly... When you where a police officer did you ever try to arrest anyone who tried to write laws that take away the constitutional rights of American citizens or did you sit by blindly and focus or more concerning matters like writing tickets for expired tags on broke hard working citizens?

LOL... you do you man... you don't have to justify your position to anyone.

IronBeard

Master
    Apparently all you need to know is you have a badge, authority, a gun, and the ability to generate probable cause out of thin air. And that the wagons will circle...

Miami_JBT

Expert
    CA Attorney General joins FL in fighting against repeal of the Under-21 Purchase Ban.

Yup, the State of California, along with twenty other anti-gun Attorney Generals has filed amicus briefs to support Florida's Republican Attorney General Ashley Moody to fight against the repeal of the Republican passed gun control after Parkland in 2018. Currently, in the 11th Circuit, the Under-21 Purchase Ban has been appealed for an en banc review after a three-judge panel ruled that the Under-21 Purchase Ban was constitutional under NYSRPA v. Bruen.

At no point as Gov. DeSantis nor has FL AG Moody publicly commented on this case and the law specifically being unconstitutional.

But AG Moody sure likes to crow on Twitter how pro-gun she is.

image.png

image.png

The fact that you have a Republican AG in a Republican Supermajority State fighting against the repeal of a unconstitutional law, with a Republican Governor staying silent on the issue is deafening.

image.png

Friday, August 30, 2024
    SACRAMENTO — California Attorney General Rob Bonta today joined a multistate coalition of attorneys general encouraging the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, sitting en banc, to affirm a 2021 district court decision rejecting a Second Amendment challenge to a Florida law that prohibits any person under the age of 21 from purchasing firearms and prohibits federally licensed firearms dealers from selling firearms to anyone younger than 21. The brief, filed in National Rifle Association v. Commissioner, warns that an opinion of the full court striking down the Florida law could undermine efforts by states to protect their citizens through the application of similar age limitations laws.

“States need the freedom to develop individualized firearms regulations tailored to the specific public safety needs and circumstances in their jurisdictions,” said Attorney General Bonta. “Many states across the nation, including California, impose some age-based restrictions on the possession, purchase, transfer, or use of firearms, reflecting their collective judgment that such laws promote public safety and curb gun violence within their borders. I stand with Florida and other states dedicated to safeguarding commonsense gun laws.”

Plaintiffs challenged Florida’s age limit law on the ground that it unduly infringes upon the Second Amendment rights of individuals aged 18 to 20. But the district court rejected that claim in 2021 based on a historical record that provides abundant evidence of a longstanding tradition of limiting access to firearms for those under age 21. In 2023, a three-judge panel for the Eleventh Circuit assessed the challenge under the new legal framework from the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2022 decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, and affirmed the district court’s decision to uphold Florida’s law. The Second Amendment allows governments to enact sensible and varied regulations designed to protect the public as long as those regulations are consistent with the nation’s historical tradition.

These efforts continue the ongoing work of Attorney General Bonta to protect the public from gun violence. Recently, the Attorney General launched a first-in-the-nation Office of Gun Violence Prevention, took legal action against ghost gun retailers, advocated for and defended commonsense gun laws, worked on the ground to keep firearms out of the hands of dangerous individuals, and announced Senate Bill 2 (SB 2), to strengthen California's existing concealed carry weapon (CCW) laws. California’s Assembly Bill 1594 (AB 1594), which was sponsored by Attorney General Bonta and signed into law in July 2022, creates a pathway for Californians who have been harmed by gun violence to hold the appropriate parties — including gun manufacturers and distributors — accountable.

Attorney General Bonta joins the attorneys general of Illinois, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington in filing this amicus brief.

A copy of the brief can be found here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom