• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I can ease off for a while if I'm working you too hard.

Where are you getting all these questions? Also, I have an interesting one if you don't want to come up with another question right now.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Q 93 Lets try this one. What can you tell me about this multi-function piece? Other info: Everyone is welcome to post a question, just use the next number in sequence so we don't get mixed up and put the Q# on your answer if more then one is open at a time. I can't give my info sources because then you would know what rabbit hole to look in, LOL

Here it is: 90X.jpg

Attachments

• 90X.jpg
      90X.jpg
      23.7 KB · Views: 188

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Q 93 Lets try this one. What can you tell me about this multi-function piece? Other info: Everyone is welcome to post a question, just use the next number in sequence so we don't get mixed up and put the Q# on your answer if more then one is open at a time. I can't give my info sources because then you would know what rabbit hole to look in, LOL

Here it is: View attachment 7930

Four Barrel Landsknecht Gonne and Mace Combination, ca. 1540. Similar to a "Holy Water Sprinkler."

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    WOW you nailed #93 real fast. thought that would have you for awhile.

Q 94 A: Brochart Automatic Pistol.
    The Borchardt was the first commercially viable self-loading pistol. It was designed in 1893 by Hugo Borchardt, based on the toggle lock mechanism used in the Maxim machine gun that had been recently developed. It used a 7.62 x 25mm cartridge dimensionally identical to the later 7.63 Mauser round, but a bit more lightly loaded. The piece had an overall weight of 2.5 pounds. It was tested by a number of military forces, but not found suitable by any – it was simply too early of a design to be robust enough for military service.

Georg Luger was an employee of the firm producing Borchardt pistols (DWM), and refined the principles of the Borchardt to produce the iconic Parabellum pistol several years later.

Trigger is 3/4 circle. I wonder if you had to manually reset it?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    WOW you nailed #93 real fast. thought that would have you for awhile.

Q 94 A: Brochart Automatic Pistol.
    The Borchardt was the first commercially viable self-loading pistol. It was designed in 1893 by Hugo Borchardt, based on the toggle lock mechanism used in the Maxim machine gun that had been recently developed. It used a 7.62 x 25mm cartridge dimensionally identical to the later 7.63 Mauser round, but a bit more lightly loaded. The piece had an overall weight of 2.5 pounds. It was tested by a number of military forces, but not found suitable by any – it was simply too early of a design to be robust enough for military service.

Georg Luger was an employee of the firm producing Borchardt pistols (DWM), and refined the principles of the Borchardt to produce the iconic Parabellum pistol several years later.

Trigger is 3/4 circle. I wonder if you had to manually reset it?

Q 93 was so distinctive that it wasn't too difficult to track down.

You got Q 94 in a heartbeat! I didn't even notice the trigger, but you're probably right about having to manually reset it.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Q 95. What is it?

Q95_zpsd3c8509f.jpg

Oh come on... thats right in my wheelhouse

Interordnance / Daewoo USAS 12. 12 Guage shotgun with the 20 round drum shown in the picture. Stick mags are also available and more commonly seen.

We can buy 'em (the semi auto version), they require a 200 dollar stamp for a destructive device and last I checked you can have one for between 1500 and 3K depending on how many mags (drums are hard to get). I wish we could get the select fire version but no love there.

I WILL own one of these at some point :D

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Oh come on... thats right in my wheelhouse

Interordnance / Daewoo USAS 12. 12 Guage shotgun with the 20 round drum shown in the picture. Stick mags are also available and more commonly seen.

We can buy 'em (the semi auto version), they require a 200 dollar stamp for a destructive device and last I checked you can have one for between 1500 and 3K depending on how many mags (drums are hard to get). I wish we could get the select fire version but no love there.

I WILL own one of these at some point :D

Q 95 goes to Ian! Very good! Let's see what else I can come up with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom