• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Donkey Nails another. Here is the info: VSS (Vinovka Snaiperskaja Spetsialnaya = Special Sniper Rifle) was designed for special operations. Designed at TSNIITochMash (Central Institute for Precision Machine Building) by team lead by Petr Serdjukov, the new rifle was intended to replace some AK-47/AKM rifles, fitted with silencers, in the hands of various Special Operations (SpetsNaz) troops of Soviet Army, KGB and MVD. To achieve desired lethality against targets, protected with body armor, TSNIITochMash had to develop a new subsonic cartridge, based on the 7.62x39 case, necked out for 9mm bullet. The bullets used in new cartridges are long and heavy (about 16 gram), and of ball (SP-5) and AP (SP-6) type. The latter bullet features a hardened steel penetrator as the core, and can defeat most military issue body armors at ranges up to 300-400 meters. VSS is in use since late 1980s, and is widely used in Chechnya against separatists. VSS is quite popular among its users for its stealthy capabilities and great lethality of heavy 9mm bullets. The effective range of VSS is limited to 300-400 meters.

wildrider666

Master
    Q 83 ilintner scores another one. These are said to be rare firearms. prices upwards of $2500. CDNN listed on today for $1K but said "Unfireable". these had some issue when new. Frequent Q is where is the 12Ga mag? It is the top of the shoulder stock!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Czechoslovakian Model ZH29

Every part was machined except the buttplate, mag body and mag floorplate. Limited commercial success because of the high cost associated with all the machined parts. The aluminum forend served as a head dissipater. Several unusual features include: the bolt locked into the left side of the receiver, the barrel was fixed slightly out of square with the receiver, the rear sight is offset to one side, while the front sight is centered on the barrel.

wildrider666

Master
    Czechoslovakian Model ZH29

Every part was machined except the buttplate, mag body and mag floorplate. Limited commercial success because of the high cost associated with all the machined parts. The aluminum forend served as a head dissipater. Several unusual features include: the bolt locked into the left side of the receiver, the barrel was fixed slightly out of square with the receiver, the rear sight is offset to one side, while the front sight is centered on the barrel.

TennJeep tags this one with this 1927 Mil Semi Auto. Well done Lad.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I tried to work on figuring it out for a while earlier, but I didn't get very far. I tried searching for just about anything distinguishing I could find, but nada.

I'm trying to figure out what the metal is right behind the receiver. Is it a stock extension or magazine? Can't figure it out.

DMurphy

Shooter
    Quackenbush convertible, An air gun that can also fire a rimfire cartridge. Very cool looking air gun.

wildrider666

Master
    Quackenbush convertible, An air gun that can also fire a rimfire cartridge. Very cool looking air gun.

DMurphy Has spoken and nailed this one. This air rifle came with a conversion kit under the plate on the butt that allowed the air pressure to drive a firing pin for a rimfire round!

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Damn I was way off... I'm looking at Annie Oakley's Remington Beals Rifle hopeing that was it, but it's close in looks but no cigar...

Members online

Top Bottom