• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    AND......may I please ask where you learned that. NO...No..No....lemme guess...you read it on the internet ???? --- SAWMAN

Please see pic from Gun Digest in Post#191. Also review mine comment at #195. Refer to section saying about 1%. There is no mention of shooting prone where your entire body is a backstop for the recoil. While standing behind an A/C unit put BP legs on top of it. Fire the Barrett .50 BMG and watch it collapse thus preventing a quick follow up shot and you will understand there are times it is advantageous to mount it backward. Would a sand bag have been better? Yeah, but its not a perfect world and you work with what you have. It is simply reported observations. Surely you have seen the BP on the M60. It LOCKS to prevent the collapse problem when rocking and rolling.

I don't claim to know everything, but I claim everything I know. Big difference. I fail to see where such minor issues becomes a soap box to stand on and bang a drum of confrontation when the point is moot. This is a Forum not a debating match where you score points for your arguments try to draw blood at every opportunity. Opinions welcome, pissing contests just for the sake of putting a burr under someones saddle is not. IMHO

Last edited:

Drauka99

Marksman
    the AR-5? was an air-force survival rifle chambered in 22 hornet

Armalite-AR-5-.22-Hornet-Survival-Rifle.jpg

Attachments

• Armalite-AR-5-.22-Hornet-Survival-Rifle.jpg
      Armalite-AR-5-.22-Hornet-Survival-Rifle.jpg
      7.4 KB · Views: 182
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Nope not BAR. It is a AR. Let me Clarify U.S. as in originated in the USA not a Military adopted firearm. It was designed for cheap and easy manufacture too.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Q# 43 Answer:

AR16.jpg

The AR-16 is a prototype selective fire, gas-operated rifle in 7.62x51mm NATO designed by Eugene Stoner at ArmaLite in the late 1950s. While the AR-16 never was adopted as a service rifle by any nation, its main claim to fame was that, in scaled-down form, it served as the basis for the more widely known 5.56mm AR-18, itself an influence on later designs. Despite the similarity in nomenclature, and while it is an ArmaLite design like the AR-15/M16, it is a very different weapon.
    Eugene Stoner designed the AR-16 after the AR-15's direct gas impingement action was sold to Colt's Manufacturing Company. Stoner designed a more conventional weapon, using a more conventional short-stroke gas piston in place of the direct impingement system of the AR-15. The design was eventually used in the 5.56mm Armalite AR-18, but the AR-16 was only manufactured in prototype form and was never put into production. The AR-16 was Stoner's last design for ArmaLite; he left the company soon afterwards.

Attachments

• AR16.jpg
      AR16.jpg
      26 KB · Views: 622

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Great thread, spent the last 30 mins. catching up...Funny that I knew the PP90M1 right off from playing Call of Duty MW3

wildrider666

Master
    Sixgun nails Trivia Q #45

Imperial German Mauser Model 1898 with 25-round trench magazine and dust cover over the bolt.

To compensate for the failings of the bolt action rifle in the intense trench warfare of the Western Front, the Germans retrofitted their Gewehr 98 rifles with magazines from MG13 machine guns before putting in place the proprietary 25 round magazine we see here. The dust cover protected the bolt from the dirt and damage of the rough and tumble nature of trench combat. The large and clumsy magazine prevented graceful prone fire, but that particular issue never presented itself in the hands of eternally sprinting trench raiders. It is likely that such types of rifles as these were used by German stormtroopers during the Kaiserschlacht alongside the shorter Kar 98a’s.

Top Bottom