• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    that would be the street sweeper version of the old broom handle mausers lol too late for me to figure it out i'll see yall tomorow

wildrider666

Master
    40 Wild, wonderful and uncommon guns so far on Trivia. Come look and play. We do this to broaden the interest of Forum users. If you go through our last 20 pages and don't find something interesting and learn something new tell me. We can get harder! Thanks for taking a look.
    WR

Az-Vic

Expert
    native Arizonan, moved ot panhandle 2 years ago, l
    Looks to be a Tubb 2000? although it appears to be suppressed?
    Tough to wrap my mind around this one; a bolt gun in sheeps(AR) clothing. It must get around some obscure parameter for match shooting, where an AR configured rifle must be used? if I use a bolt action, by gawd, I want it to look,feel and handle like a bolt action. Ive owned literally dozens of ARs,and I still don't like the ergonomics or lack of them, compared to the feel and fit of a properly fitted bolt action rifle.

wildrider666

Master
    Suppressed McMillian CS5 Specifically the McMillan Concealable Subsonic version.

Specifications:

Caliber: 308 Winchester
    Barrel: Stainless, Match Grade, 1-11″ Twist 18.5 inches
    Weight: 11.6 lbs.
    Operation: Bolt action
    Finish: Black
    Capacity: 10 rounds (Takes standard SR-25 magazines)

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Looks to be a Tubb 2000? although it appears to be suppressed?
    Tough to wrap my mind around this one; a bolt gun in sheeps(AR) clothing. It must get around some obscure parameter for match shooting, where an AR configured rifle must be used? if I use a bolt action, by gawd, I want it to look,feel and handle like a bolt action. Ive owned literally dozens of ARs,and I still don't like the ergonomics or lack of them, compared to the feel and fit of a properly fitted bolt action rifle.

Very Close! The Mcmillan is a close copy of the Tubb 2000 from what I have read!

Suppressed McMillian CS5 Specifically the McMillan Concealable Subsonic version.

Specifications:

Caliber: 308 Winchester
    Barrel: Stainless, Match Grade, 1-11″ Twist 18.5 inches
    Weight: 11.6 lbs.
    Operation: Bolt action
    Finish: Black
    Capacity: 10 rounds (Takes standard SR-25 magazines)

WR Naled it! Nice job WR!

From my Gun calendar:
    The McMillan CS5 is designed for stealth and concealment in urban settings. With the buttstock and supressor detached, the CS5 is only 23 inches in overall length, and the entire weapons system breaks down to fit into a common backpack for easy and instant transport

Also, is it just me, or is the bipod on backwards? Perhaps by design to keep it short with the suppressor off? :smile:

wildrider666

Master
    I've seen Harris BP's installed both ways. On 99% of long guns I prefer to be able to place slight fwd pressure when firing.
    On 1% the only justification for reverse installation is on very heavy recoil guns that would rock and collapse/stow the BP.

SAWMAN

Master
    When in Maine we used to hunt woodchucks with our 458Lott, Ruger #1H every now and then just for fun. We shot a "re-HP'ed" 300gr Hornady(now 285grs)at 3000fps with a healthy load of the old DATA 223. We never had the 9-13" older Harris collapse. It would definately rock back but the heavy springs would quickly snap the gun back forward. (BTW a 458Lott prone ='s OUCH !!)

If it is used backwards you could damage it with the heavier recoiling guns. It would have no "give". --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    When in Maine we used to hunt woodchucks with our 458Lott, Ruger #1H every now and then just for fun. We shot a "re-HP'ed" 300gr Hornady(now 285grs)at 3000fps with a healthy load of the old DATA 223. We never had the 9-13" older Harris collapse. It would definately rock back but the heavy springs would quickly snap the gun back forward. (BTW a 458Lott prone ='s OUCH !!)

If it is used backwards you could damage it with the heavier recoiling guns. It would have no "give". --- SAWMAN

Also a good point.

Today I learned that there really isn't a backwards for a Harris Bipod :smile:

SAWMAN

Master
    AND......may I please ask where you learned that. NO...No..No....lemme guess...you read it on the internet ???? --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    AND......may I please ask where you learned that. NO...No..No....lemme guess...you read it on the internet ???? --- SAWMAN

A pair of distinguished and knowledgeable members of the GCGC told me...

I have always run mine with the legs pointing forward so that it supports my pressing forward on it.

Members online

Top Bottom