• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IE, the ones that got away, the ones you sold, the deals you should have made happen…

Honestly I don’t have too many, which I attribute to some luck and some good advice to buy quality & what you want first instead of settling, as you’ll eventually get what you really want anyway.

Deals I should have gotten done -
    1. The mint Swiss SIG P210 9MM w/ 7.65 and 22LR conversion kits (Swiss made) with case & tools - the deal that was getting too hard so I passed on it.
    2. Swiss SIG 551 LE trade-ins with the welding on faux suppressor; I went with a SCAR 16 instead and like it a lot, but I should have gotten both and stocked up on 551 mags when they were plentiful and cheaper.
    3. German SIG P220 factory nickel in the mid-90s. Was light on funds but could have made it happen - when I went back it was gone.
    4. HK P7s when the market was awash with them 15-20 years ago.
    Ones I sold
    1. S&W M65-3 3”; I had the action slicked up in VA and an orange insert cut into the front sight. I carried it almost exclusively for 18 months during a rough patch. Eventually it got put in the safe and sold a couple of years later.
    2. S&W Pre-Model 18 Combat Masterpiece, 4” barrel 22LR. A used firearm I purchased and enjoyed shooting, but some 22 brand cases would stick after shooting and I sold it before figuring out you can lightly bore the cylinder to get that to stop happening.
    What are some of yours??

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Marlin .30-30 I bought new in the late 80's and sold about 90-91. Sold to the wife of a friend so she could gift it to him. Between my wife and her, I was at the point of just giving it to her, but she insisted on paying so we agreed on what she/they could afford. I know this was a good/kind gesture, but it just stays with me for some reason...

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Deals I should have gotten:
    1. New Chinese MAK-90 sold in a small store outlet in Jacksonville NC in 1988-1990 time frame, being sold for $299. I talked myself out of this due to having a brand new Chinese SKS that were sold on base for $75.
    2. Co-worker selling a as new SIG 226 9mm for $325 around 1998ish…I decided I was happy with (1) 9 mm Ruger P-85 at the time…(doh!!!)
    3. FN SCAR at Elgin BX mid 2000’s. I was there to pick up my newly purchased FN FS2000, and sitting ther in the display case was the SCAR. Wife would have flipped out on me even though they were about $ 1800 back then.
    4.CMP purchase of a M1 Garand in the late 1980’s early 1990’s, when they cost sub $300; It was a mythical rifle to order, didnt know of CMP south at Anniston and life got in the way then…kids/wife/military deployments…

Shouldn't have sold:
    1. I got a great deal from a co-worker on a JM Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun. It was in great condition…kept for about 10 yrs, shot every now and then. Decided I didn't shoot it enough, sold it for a small profit here on the forum; now they cost twice as much new if you can find one. Will get a replacement some day…
    2. Traded a Colt 1991A1 Lew Horten WW2 special clone of a wartime WW2 Colt. Not the end of the world, it was nice but I traded it for a S&W Mod 29 44 Magnum 6”….I hardly shoot it, BUT got a real WW2 45 Automatic form CMP, a well used Remington Rand.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ruger M77 MKII international, the manlichher stock, in .308. Bought in high school, pawned in college for beer money :(. I know, I know…

Never been as happy with any other rifle I’ve had since. I’ll find another one one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom