• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gfb46

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned a Ruger Charger for quite some time now and have changed out the barrel with another "10/22" format easy as pie. Over the years there have been several different configurations. I decided to take the stock 10" Charger and make an SBR out of it earlier this year when our good friend Uncle Sam decided to hold back the $200 for a stamp. There are so many available "stocks" you can mount on the 10/22 it's ridiculous. The one I ended up putting on mine was made by ProMag, it folds up alongside the barrel. Since the 10" barrel is already threaded on the Charger my SilencerCo Sparrow is the perfect match. It took almost a year for the stamp to come back from that purchase a few years ago. What I have learned from this experience is use caution and do your homework messing around with Uncle Sam. I was going to do my own engraving on the SBR to put my name as shown of the paperwork that I applied for the SBR with along with the city and state I reside. One of the workers in the local Class III FFL here along the Coast of MS, HiCaliber, informed me I would have been breaking the law by engraving the SBR myself, it has to be done by someone with that Class III status, something about disfiguring it from the original photo taken at the submission time. Anyway, $60 later, it is all complete with a very fancy engraving above the serial number on the Charger. I took it to the indoor range today and set the laser sight and 1-4x20 rifle scope at about 75 feet for a test run. It was a blast and very accurate. I was consistently hitting the paper target that had little "dots" on it about the size of a bottle cap time and time again.

SBR.jpg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Tell me where HiCaliber is again please, I will be close enough this weekend

gfb46

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tell me where HiCaliber is again please, I will be close enough this weekend
    In Long Beach on the North side of the tracks that run East and West along the Coast. If you are coming from the east on Hwy 90, turn North on Cleveland Ave and go over the tracks. Turn right and it's about 100 yds on your left, you can't miss it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Pretty sure the law is .003 deep. Maybe that's why he said you can't do it.

Also, if you registered a factory pistol, which the charger is under the pistol brace amnesty, you are not required to have it engraved.

Sure looks like fun.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    In Long Beach on the North side of the tracks that run East and West along the Coast. If you are coming from the east on Hwy 90, turn North on Cleveland Ave and go over the tracks. Turn right and it's about 100 yds on your left, you can't miss it.
    Found it.... High Caliber
    IMG_1778.jpeg

Top Bottom