• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodhisattva

Marksman
    I'm interested in one of the taurus poly protector, for yard carry. Lightweight. If I ever see one at a yard gun price, I'm on it or swap for it.
    Same here. I also really like the Ruger LCR. I've had 2 over the years and I tried very, very hard to like them, but shooting them felt like hitting my palm with a ball peen hammer. They went down the road to others who wanted them more than I did.

Now the prices on them seem - to me - to be ridiculous. But if I find a bargain.......

I think they are far more "environmentally durable" than a j frame or Colt.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Same here. I also really like the Ruger LCR. I've had 2 over the years and I tried very, very hard to like them, but shooting them felt like hitting my palm with a ball peen hammer. They went down the road to others who wanted them more than I did.

Now the prices on them seem - to me - to be ridiculous. But if I find a bargain.......

And light for constant carry.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place

What i do every 3 months or so is run 38 sp through my SW 340 and just before i leave i fire the 357 magnum loads i carry in it for CC until it hurts/bleeds or cracks a nail lol. Once i put almost 20 magnums through it in one session . Lets be honest about these snubskis they are personal defense weapons not plinkers or range toys , they need quick draw practice ......which sadly most ranges say no way .

Recondo 101

Expert
    I did up a few 637 air weight 38 Spl +p guns for the ladies of the family to take their CWP classes with.
    The wife has a 60 she carried for years but likes the lighter Air weight for carry now.
    So I took each 637 apart and did a carry style action job, smoothed the machine marks on the internal wear points, smoothed the springs and put Packmeyer grips on them for one mor finger. Setup two speed loaders for each. They do make a pretty good concealed carry gun for FL, with the heat and humidity. This is one finished carry 637.
    IMG_0421.jpeg

DGladden

Marksman
    I'm currently working on building my ideal snub nose. I've started with a Smith & Wesson 640-1. I've ordered Wilson Combat springs and Hogue g10 grips. I will also add a tritium front sight eventually. I have a pocket holster and owb. I've ordered an iwb as well. The springs arrived today and the grips and iwb holster should be here by the weekend. I need to do a little more research on the sight before I settle on one.

1000006178.jpg

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I did up a few 637 air weight 38 Spl +p guns for the ladies of the family to take their CWP classes with.
    The wife has a 60 she carried for years but likes the lighter Air weight for carry now.
    So I took each 637 apart and did a carry style action job, smoothed the machine marks on the internal wear points, smoothed the springs and put Packmeyer grips on them for one mor finger. Setup two speed loaders for each. They do make a pretty good concealed carry gun for FL, with the heat and humidity. This is one finished carry 637.View attachment 297315
    Yep i can wear my 340 using a garrett IWB holster in a bathing suit and no belt ....13 oz loaded

ABlaster

Marksman
    I'm currently working on building my ideal snub nose. I've started with a Smith & Wesson 640-1. I've ordered Wilson Combat springs and Hogue g10 grips. I will also add a tritium front sight eventually. I have a pocket holster and owb. I've ordered an iwb as well. The springs arrived today and the grips and iwb holster should be here by the weekend. I need to do a little more research on the sight before I settle on one.

View attachment 297320
    Be sure to do a lot of testing with the new springs on the ammo you intend to carry. I've replaced springs in revolvers before and it started having light strikes on factory ammo without much reduction in trigger weight. There may be better products out there now, but last time I did it my results were not great.

DGladden

Marksman
    Be sure to do a lot of testing with the new springs on the ammo you intend to carry. I've replaced springs in revolvers before and it started having light strikes on factory ammo without much reduction in trigger weight. There may be better products out there now, but last time I did it my results were not great.
    I've actually done quite a few of them over the years with Wolff springs with great success. This will be my first venture using Wilson Combat springs and I'll use the same approach as with the Wolff. I'll use the 8lb hammer spring and the 14lb (medium) trigger spring. I've only ever had light strike issues with one doing it this way. I put the factory hammer spring back in and it worked flawlessly after that, but that's the only one I've had an issue with. But, of course I will run a few boxes of Speer Gold Dots through it just to make sure.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I'm interested in one of the taurus poly protector, for yard carry. Lightweight. If I ever see one at a yard gun price, I'm on it or swap for it.
    I tried the Taurus public defender poly,It was brutal with Winchester PDX.I deleted the YouTube video after running the first cylinder.If someone can shoot that gun (Even with a firm two hand grip) and hold on to it I want to see a video,I'd say it's impossible

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I tried the Taurus public defender poly,It was brutal with Winchester PDX.I deleted the YouTube video after running the first cylinder.If someone can shoot that gun (Even with a firm two hand grip) and hold on to it I want to see a video,I'd say it's impossible
    Got one, it is snappy. Definitely not an afternoon target gun. It does the intended job well, with extreme prejudice.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    What i do every 3 months or so is run 38 sp through my SW 340 and just before i leave i fire the 357 magnum loads i carry in it for CC until it hurts/bleeds or cracks a nail lol. Once i put almost 20 magnums through it in one session . Lets be honest about these snubskis they are personal defense weapons not plinkers or range toys , they need quick draw practice ......which sadly most ranges say no way .
    My 340PD is a safe queen now.

fisheadgib

Expert
    Mines a Charter Arms stainless DAO Bulldog Pug. When we go hiking, kayaking, or working around the ranch, it's with me. The first two rounds are my homemade shotshells and the next three are 200gr rounds. I don't have to worry about it getting dirty, sweaty, or wet and it always goes bang.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Mines a Charter Arms stainless DAO Bulldog Pug. When we go hiking, kayaking, or working around the ranch, it's with me. The first two rounds are my homemade shotshells and the next three are 200gr rounds. I don't have to worry about it getting dirty, sweaty, or wet and it always goes bang.
    Yep a useful tool, best kind.

Top Bottom