• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodhisattva

Marksman
    stainless rossi .357 with 2" barrell.... when you are out of rounds, you can beatem to death with it...
    That’s how I feel about my hammerless SP101.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    My go to snubbie is my 442 S&W Airweight. Its loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 110gr standard pressure .38spl. Speed loader with same in pocket and a speed strip with Underwood 158gr Kieth load on my belt for more horse power.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Personally I like a 4" SS 357. I don't have one currently. I did pick up a Taurus 856 ultra light for the ole lady to keep in her nightstand.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Personally I like a 4" SS 357. I don't have one currently. I did pick up a Taurus 856 ultra light for the ole lady to keep in her nightstand.
    I’ve always preferred a 4” to a 3”. I just think the 3” looks weird.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I was probably raised on too many westerns. My favorite revolver barrel lengths are 3, 5, and 7!
    I was raised on the noir detective shows where the cop hit the bad guy shooting from the hip at 25 yards or when the bad guys threw their empty snubski ...hell it sure worked for jack ruby shooting from the hip at close range . I have practiced that type of shooting too lol

Allan humm

Shooter
    What is yall's favorite snub nose revolver's?

What caliber do you prefer or like 38spcl, .357, 44spcl, 327 fed etc?

What is your preferred barrel length 2", 2.5" 3"?

Figured give us all something talk bout, look forward hearing yalls thoughts.
    2.5 357 With 38+p

Wodon20

Shooter
    Amazon is falling down on the job, it’s delayed until next weekend. When it finally gets here I’ll let you know

Amazon is falling down on the job, it’s delayed until next weekend. When it finally gets here I’ll let you know
    The Ergo Delta grip finally arrived and installed on my 360PD. It’s definitely a unique looking grip and after handling it for a short time I don’t think it’s for me so back it goes to Amazon
    IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4465.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Did you fire it with those grips , I have a 340 PD that could stand to use some recoiling buffers using 357 loads . Those sure aint pretty but if they would do their job AND still fit in my IWB holster i might try them . I am waiting for crimson trace laser grips to come back into stock

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

Beached

Expert
    My favorite is S&W 442 pro shop great trigger Shoots right where you point it. Easy pocket carry.

MAXman

Master
    640 with stout wad-cutters loaded, hornady in the speed loaders/strips(when carried).

All steel is still lighter (fully loaded) than most micro nines, but still is heavy enough to not induce a flinch practicing from a holster.

I’ll always love the 442 but it isn’t and “only gun”, while I think the all steel j’s can technically fill the “only gun” role.

I don’t own any alloy j’s anymore. Every time I want one, I just pocket carry the steel frames for a week and say”nah, save your $”.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    640 with stout wad-cutters loaded, hornady in the speed loaders/strips(when carried).

All steel is still lighter (fully loaded) than most micro nines, but still is heavy enough to not induce a flinch practicing from a holster.

I’ll always love the 442 but it isn’t and “only gun”, while I think the all steel j’s can technically fill the “only gun” role.

I don’t own any alloy j’s anymore. Every time I want one, I just pocket carry the steel frames for a week and say”nah, save your $”.
    Funny you should post this... I've been messing around with a 649 in .38spl lately. Stoked with some Underwood. Not much fun to shoot but I have run a couple boxes of these 158gr Kieth loads and am comfortable and confident with the combo.
    20240810_131147.jpg
    20240810_130825.jpg
    20240810_130858.jpg

MAXman

Master
    I’m actually a fan of the buffalo bote heavy standard wad cutter.
    They thump a bit, but are safe to shoot in the early mystery framed lightweight colts and smiths.

Also, they’re heavy.
    Also, they have a sharp shoulder.

Also, it’s those hornady cones for reloads in case god forbids, I not only have to use it but have to use it on a horde of terrorists.

M60Gunner

Master
    Funny you should post this... I've been messing around with a 649 in .38spl lately. Stoked with some Underwood. Not much fun to shoot but I have run a couple boxes of these 158gr Kieth loads and am comfortable and confident with the combo.View attachment 299615View attachment 299616View attachment 299617
    Prob my fav one I have. .357, shoots .38 if you want, conpact, light, extremely powerful, can go SA if wanted, rated for continuous +p use. Hard to beat really.

Sporter

Expert
    Charter Arms Southpaw.jpeg

Charter Arms Southpaw was my carry for quite awhile. Convenient and reliable. I recently purchased a new Charter Arms Bulldog convertible that shoots both 45 Colt and 45 Long Colt. ;)
    It's rated for +P but not Ruger only loads. The Bulldog is an outstanding snake charmer with shot shells.

Top Bottom