• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thinking about heading to the river in the AM. Does anyone live up that way or have experience with the height of the river considering all this rain we've been having? The weather looks good for getting out, but I'd hate for it to be a bust on one of the few days I'm allowed out. Anywhere between the Quintette and Mystic Springs area on the Escambia side is where I was thinking. Thanks in advance for anyone's insight!!:tea:

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Launched at Becks Lake Tues,Wed and Thurs. The ramp is well under water but I was able to get my duck boat off the trailer. The woods are flooded...could be an issue if your not real familiar with the river, snags and stumps. I would guess Quintette is under water. The river was moving kind of fast but I have seen it worst. I will be out tomorrow chasing duck. Be safe.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was over there thur. not to high on the low end, high up on the north end, if you know of a little high ground ???? I probably go back in the morn. Fish an hunt !!!! Been catching some nice hybrids an reds lately !!! Just a little free advice don't put in in north escambia in a little lowes alum. Boat with a 5 hp. Motor, water is too swift an you will get in trouble quick !!!!! Just my 8 cents !!!!

Last edited:

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmm, thanks for the replies. I will probably go in at Cotton Lake and head north from there. I am wondering if the water is up to the tracks heading to the boat launch because, if so, I'll be sleeping in and enjoying bacon with biscuits and gravy instead of cold and mud.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Remember gents . . . consider not only the water height but also the waters velocity and possible debris, both floating and submerged.
    The Escambia River watershed covers 2400sq miles. It is not so much how much rain we get here but how much comes down in the areas to our north. Whatever comes down in the 2400sq miles all comes under the hwy4 bridge in Century.
    Stay Safe ---SAWMAN

Last edited:

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, great info and advice and I was hoping you'd weigh in. Think I've convinced my hunting buddy to hold off based on everyone's input. Live to hunt another day...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As of 1900 tonight the river (at Century) was 1.44 ft ABOVE flood stage which is 17ft. --- SAWMAN
    Added: And it WILL be rising.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A buddy said that he heard from the FWC guys that if you launch at Jim's and run up to the entrance of White's . . as a prize for your adversity to the cold they have deer,hogs,and bream that they will give you just for showing up at that small white sand beach on White's.
    Running north into the wind the chill factor will be about 5 below. - - - - Rotz 'o Ruck.♡♡ ---- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The National Weather Service site Southeast River Forecast Center is where I go to check the current and predicted flood stage of the local rivers. Once you click on the link you can then hover on the icon for each river to see the current and predicted flood stage

http://www.weather.gov/serfc/

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went sat. An wind was brutal, hard to hear dogs, we stayed on lower end of Escambia, had a otter almost jump in my boat an it almost gave us both a heart attack , no fish an I went in bout 2 pm. Bucks necks are swelling, good thing !!!!!

Top Bottom