• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Austin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally decided to modify my 870.. Kept putting it off and putting it off until I got a good deal from a fellow forum member on a new stock.

Before
    shoty.jpg

After
    get-attachment (2).jpg

Needless to say, I'm very happy with it.

Planning on adding a shell holder on the side of the receiver as well, not sure about a sling though I've got the mounts for it.

Attachments

• shoty.jpg
      shoty.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 237
    • get-attachment (2).jpg
      get-attachment (2).jpg
      67.6 KB · Views: 256

JMW64

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great job...nice looking weapon.....I have a Mossberg that I am preparing to transform to a tactical/ home defense weapon...I can only hope that my project turns out as nice as yours!

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks good! I am supposed to be picking up an 870 tactical this week. I am thinking of going with the Magpul furniture on it. I figure I can give my S12 a break and make the 870 my go to shotgun.

Austin01WS6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just did the same setup for a buddy of mine two weeks ago. I just wish I didn't sell him the gun in the first place now seeing what the end product looks like.

Austin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just did the same setup for a buddy of mine two weeks ago. I just wish I didn't sell him the gun in the first place now seeing what the end product looks like.

Only I bet you didn't pull out the red lever as soon as you opened the package.. Had no idea what the hell it was, and it didn't say anything about "DO NOT REMOVE" anywhere until you get to the middle of the manual.. Guy I bought it from didn't know what it was for either. Come to find out it keeps the recoil spring in the pistol grip contracted.. Ended up rebuilding the whole damn stock before I ever got to put it on the gun. And that was a motherless SOB!!

As far as the gun goes, you should get one.. Love the thing. Can't wait to shoot it with the new stock.

And thanks for all the compliments! Modifying a gun or anything else is always fun.

Last edited:

Austin01WS6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Never looked at the directions. I had pretty much the same only difference was a tactical rail with ghost sites. Sold the 870 to a buddy to fund new project. Didn't realize I would want it back after putting on the new stock and front grip.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You may want to think twice before adding tooooo much weight to it, like sidesaddles, I did all this only to take them off after I found them to be cumbersome, and in the way when quick accusition and handling was needed, and extra weight you can easily carry elsewhere. The weapon itself is superb and well balanced until it becomes 10 pounds. If you feel like you are going into a battle, just take a fannypack or sachel full of buckshot with you. I like the bandoliers that hold about 25 rds, slap one around your waist and riot on.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You may want to think twice before adding tooooo much weight to it, like sidesaddles, I did all this only to take them off after I found them to be cumbersome, and in the way when quick accusition and handling was needed, and extra weight you can easily carry elsewhere. The weapon itself is superb and well balanced until it becomes 10 pounds. If you feel like you are going into a battle, just take a fannypack or sachel full of buckshot with you. I like the bandoliers that hold about 25 rds, slap one around your waist and riot on.

I had the same experience using a Blackhawk Spec-Ops with a Tac-Star side saddle. The weight isn't the bad part, the stock made my 870 heavily unbalanced. I've since gone back to a simple rifle stock and everything is fine. I hate any pistol grip shoulder stock on a pump shotgun. I also dumped the Spec-Ops, the stock slaps your cheek unless you shoot to how Blackhawk wants it done.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at the transformation from a simple hunting gun to a deadly murderous assault shotgun. I like the look but can't hit shit with a pistol grip stock on a shotgun go figure.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    If you sell your orig stock and foregrip on ebay it could possibly pay for 1/2 of your new furniture.

Austin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kind of weighed the options before purchasing and putting on a new stock.. The factory butt was a little long for me, since I'm not a big guy at 5'8 and I felt like I was just reaching a little far. The new stock is not only lighter, but I can shorten/lengthen it to fit the shooter, plus the longer forend is longer, and lighter. Gotta say I like the look of it too! And Sixgun, have already have a sale pending on the factory furniture for exactly 1/2 of of what I paid for the new one :party:

Austin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never in my life shot a shotgun, but when I do I would want it to be configured that way!!

Haven't shot it yet either ;) Haven't been to a range with an open shotgun section.. Usually go to Quintette.. maybe theirs is done now?

rob85k5

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They, Santa Rosa, let me "function check" my mossberg after making changes to it. They have a PVC frame right in front of the trailer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom