• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As in the Title was looking for a local shop that does slide milling. Does anyone know a place?
    I am local to Pace/Pensacola

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I need one done too. May mail it off.
    @Kduly post that company!
    Husband & wife home shop. Nate is the man. He's done at least 6-7 for me. Nameless Arms in AZ. Excellent prices, 7-10 days. Good guy discount as well. They're recommended on Trijicon's actual website for a optic cut vendor. Can't go wrong!

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Husband & wife home shop. Nate is the man. He's done at least 6-7 for me. Nameless Arms in AZ. Excellent prices, 7-10 days. Good guy discount as well. They're recommended on Trijicon's actual website for a optic cut vendor. Can't go wrong!
    Oh, forgot to mention that you must send in the optic with the slide. He cuts it to your specific optic thus giving you such a great fit that you really don't need the screws. Here's my actual G41 slide that he did for me posted on FB & IG:

1000008228.jpg

1000009067.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Not sure on anyone local. PT Arms in Crestview might know someone.

My G34 slide work was done by Jagerwerks. They charge $125 for optic cuts and are one of the best in the biz.

JAGERWERKS
    Looked at them. They won't touch my G41. Something about how the slide is cut.
    Soon as I figure out what optic I want to use it will be sent to Nameless Arms. ( MOS cut or RMR cut, holosun optic 507c. Scs or acss)

Last edited:

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Looked at them. They won't touch my G41. Something about how the slide is cut.
    Soon as I figure out what optic I want to use it will be sent to Nameless Arms. ( MOS cut or RMR cut, holosun optic 507c. Scs or acss)
    It's because of the relief cut on the G41 that most companies won't touch it. That video will show you how he was able to do the cut on my actual G41 slide. $80 for cut and $20 for return shipping with insurance. They offer LE/Mil discounts as well as armed citizens. About 2 weeks turnaround time.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jagerworks is good, their turnaround times can be pretty stoooopid (mine took like 4 months) but their cuts are pretty shallow in the industry, meaning you need higher irons if you want to be able to see them with the optic mounted.

I prefer Battlewerx (https://www.battlewerx.com/), better turnaround and a deeper cut to where you can often dispense with high suppressor height sights and use standard irons if you are cool with them just being in the bottom of the window and not 1/3 cowitness - I prefer that because I want the irons available but out of the way. They have done 3 for me (G19/45 x 2, G43X).

Of course not local but worth the effort & wait for me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jagerworks is good, their turnaround times can be pretty stoooopid (mine took like 4 months) but their cuts are pretty shallow in the industry, meaning you need higher irons if you want to be able to see them with the optic mounted.

I prefer Battlewerx (https://www.battlewerx.com/), better turnaround and a deeper cut to where you can often dispense with high suppressor height sights and use standard irons if you are cool with them just being in the bottom of the window and not 1/3 cowitness - I prefer that because I want the irons available but out of the way. They have done 3 for me (G19/45 x 2, G43X).

Of course not local but worth the effort & wait for me.

Yeah, I saw their current lead time is 6 weeks. I had mine done before they moved shop and started machining other products (mounts, baseplates, etc.) I think I had it back in 3 weeks. Full chamfer, top window, optic cut, and cerakote.

ammodave

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always thought any full service gunsmith could do this sort of thing. Don't gunsmiths have milling machines anymore?

Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, forgot to mention that you must send in the optic with the slide. He cuts it to your specific optic thus giving you such a great fit that you really don't need the screws. Here's my actual G41 slide that he did for me posted on FB & IG:

View attachment 244975
    View attachment 244976

I like the Stippling on that 320.. did you do that or send it out?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thank you. I did sir. I started doing 2011 grips earlier this year (Staccatos, Prodigy, Bul, etc.). I've done 20+ grips as well as several Glocks, Sigs, etc.. as a side hobby View attachment 245461
    Once I get some more time behind my Prodigy I'll be getting with you on that stippling.

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Holosun SCS it is. Just won one. Now to ship it off for the cut! ( G41)
    Hopefully get it shipped off and back before hunting season is over!
    If you're sending it to Nate at Nameless Armament, don't forget to include the optic with it. You can email him or call him first if any questions. He's very easy to work with. Let me know if you need help.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If you're sending it to Nate at Nameless Armament, don't forget to include the optic with it. You can email him or call him first if any questions. He's very easy to work with. Let me know if you need help.
    Yep. I suppose I could have sent an MOS plate.. ? Wasn't sure which optic I was going to use.
    I'm wondering if they will flat cut it or cut it to fit the optic. My g40 with the SCS. It's slightly narrower than the mos cutout. 1 button operation. Factory sights still usable, btw.
    20230306_150949.jpg
    20230306_150928.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom