• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was sitting with some friends a few years ago watching a Redskins football game. Our group of friends consisted of an Inuit, a Black man, a Mexican, an American Indian and myself, a White man. During the game several commercial ads came on the TV. No one was offended by the NFL teams name, no one was offended by the Eskimo Pie ad, no one was offended by the the Aunt Jemima ad, no one was offended by the Frito Bandito ad. All of a sudden a Cracker Barrel ad came on. I stood up and declared “ THE WORD CRACKER IS RACIST”. My group of friends looked at me and said “YOU’RE A DICK; SIT DOWN, SHUT UP AND WATCH THE EFFIN GAME!” I love my friends.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Florida Cracker Trail is a route which cuts across central Florida, following the historic trail of the old cattle drives. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(term)
    Florida & Georgia Crackers are families that have lived in those areas for generations.
    But you did make me ponder a bit...... Are they still taking Andrew Jackson off American Money and replacing him with Harriet Tubman? Just how many cashiers know what Harriet Tubman looks like? Wouldn't Aunt Jemima or Uncle Ben be far more recognizable to grocery store cashiers nowadays?

Could you identify Harriet Tubman's photo prior to opening this link? https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/us/harriet-tubman-bill.html

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was sitting with some friends a few years ago watching a Redskins football game. Our group of friends consisted of an Inuit, a Black man, a Mexican, an American Indian and myself, a White man. During the game several commercial ads came on the TV. No one was offended by the NFL teams name, no one was offended by the Eskimo Pie ad, no one was offended by the the Aunt Jemima ad, no one was offended by the Frito Bandito ad. All of a sudden a Cracker Barrel ad came on. I stood up and declared “ THE WORD CRACKER IS RACIST”. My group of friends looked at me and said “YOU’RE A DICK; SIT DOWN, SHUT UP AND WATCH THE EFFIN GAME!” I love my friends.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    It's the drive by media and cancel culture that has everyone's sensibilities in a tizzy. Folks just need to take a breath before they go off and drop a bomb. There are truly things we should get upset about. Some of those things will get settled on November 3rd. Hopefully, everyone responding here with their opinion will participate.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I used to love Cracker Barrel and ate there often when we were traveling.
    My last several stops have been disappointing - cold food, dirty floors and the quality doesn’t seem to be there like it used to be. The prices are also much higher.
    The syrup is now a blend instead of pure maple.
    I still eat there on occasion but don’t seek it out like I used to.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would that ammo work in an AK as it takes 7.62x39? Just asking for a friend.

We need to define "WORK". The common belief is that an AK will function flawlessly with any 7.62x39 ammo. The work question depends upon how close the user has to get to hit anything? LOL.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    It used to be on the menu, then they got rid of it, but then it was back just a secret item.

Dressed up chicken sandwich or chicken blt. I've seen menus both ways.
    Grilled tenders
    Bacon
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Mayo
    Cheese
    On grilled sourdough
    Comes with steak fries
    It's great.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    We need to define "WORK". The common belief is that an AK will function flawlessly with any 7.62x39 ammo. The work question depends upon how close the user has to get to hit anything? LOL.
    Not kidding. I lost a match once with an AK because of a 75 yard popper. I had to take a knee and walk it in following the impacts on the berm. The barrel was toast. Too many drum mag dumps had cooked it.

PS. I love Cracker Barrel, so I'll forgive them

PSS. SKS's will be around long after the last AK dies

Top Bottom