• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    State motto, some how this is still here.View attachment 194895
    Texas is talking about "Texit"again, in defense of State rights, one of which is the 2A. One of the reasons listed for Texas being able to pull this exit off and not go bankrupt is the existence of deep water ports and oil industry in Texas, so as to get around the already promised Federal air traffic blockade and redrawing of the international border around Texas should it pass. Alabama has deep water ports and oil/natural gas industry too. Alabama can do it successfully too

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Texas is talking about "Texit"again, in defense of State rights, one of which is the 2A. One of the reasons listed for Texas being able to pull this exit off and not go bankrupt is the existence of deep water ports and oil industry in Texas, so as to get around the already promised Federal air traffic blockade and redrawing of the international border around Texas should it pass. Alabama has deep water ports and oil/natural gas industry too. Alabama can do it successfully too
    Might be a thing. LA and Mississippi would follow.. I wonder if the new capital would be in Austin? CW2? AH, but we don't have F15's or Nukes.....

Raven

Master
    Might be a thing. LA and Mississippi would follow.. I wonder if the new capital would be in Austin? CW2? AH, but we don't have F15's or Nukes.....
    Fort Hood has both. Pretty sure Fort Rucker too. I'm sure there's plenty of National Guard units that have plenty of other stuff that can match both items. We could get the Mighty A operational and really mess some stuff up, still moored where it is stuck in the mud... In the name of Defense of course. The exit has all got to be done with a vote to keep it completely legal and keep NATO out of our freaking business

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    I believe it was the Shenandoah Campaign in 1862 when Jackson twice wanted too and could have captured old Honest Abe and DC and Lee had him stand down. Lots of lives could have been spared over the next 3 years. Had that part of history taken place I’ve often wondered where we would be today. We certainly would have been recognized as an independent nation. Better off or worse?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I believe it was the Shenandoah Campaign in 1862 when Jackson twice wanted too and could have captured old Honest Abe and DC and Lee had him stand down. Lots of lives could have been spared over the next 3 years. Had that part of history taken place I’ve often wondered where we would be today. We certainly would have been recognized as an independent nation. Better off or worse?
    Yep, the first battle. Could have won the whole thing.

Raven

Master
    Yep, the first battle. Could have won the whole thing.
    Funny how only 70 years later the Germans would do the same thing and call it the blitzkrieg. It's a very sound doctrine to steam roll over everything very fast and seize the victory before anybody can react. Jackson should have done it anyways, knowing he was right

M60Gunner

Master
    Or if Davis vision for the future had prevailed and no one had surrendered no matter what, guerilla warfare etc. Several good books on this. One I remember was called Guns of the South.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I do wish Florida would pass open carry. I wouldn’t open carry but I wouldn’t have to worry about printing so much and could carry the gun I want to carry. Not settle for what won’t print enough to upset people.
    No printing law in Florida.....I don't care if I upset people. It's my right. No apologies.

Deersniper270

Master
    No printing law in Florida.....I don't care if I upset people. It's my right. No apologies.
    Fair enough. I guess if the open carry law was in place I’d feel like there would be no confusion on if my printing was legal or not. I don’t care what others think either but it would make me feel a little better about it.

Pensacola Joe

Expert
    Is there a printing law in Alabama? I wear an outside the pants hip holster and a untucked shirt most times. Almost always you can clearly see I am carrying. But it is coverd by my shirt so it is perfectly legal here in Fl. If If I am wearing a suite or sports jacket I wear a shoulder holster. I travel through Alabama to Mississippi often as we have a house in Gulfport . I would like to know what Alabama laws are as Mississippi is a open carry state. I do not care about upsetting snowflakes or hurting their feelings because you can see the outline of my gun but I do care about violating laws if there are any such laws.

bakron1

Expert
    I love living in Florida with a governor who supports the 2A, unlike my old state of Michigan where folks haven’t realized it yet, but they have voted away their 2A rights in this recent election.

The first thing that was brought up after the election was gun control now that the democrats have control of the Michigan house and legislature, go figure.

Krazy1

Expert
    Alabama's biggest problem is the tunnels in Mobile. One of the main reasons they are pushing to get a new toll bridge is to phase the tunnels out so they can bring in massive ships. Right now, the tunnels are too shallow for the big cargo ships.

jugdish

Expert
    What I find funny with "constitutional carry" is that states are making laws to institute it. Since it is a right provided by the constitution, I would think they should be rescinding laws that restrict it. I know it is semantics but if it is guaranteed by the constitution then we don't need a law.

Hope this makes sense.

IronBeard

Master
    What I find funny with "constitutional carry" is that states are making laws to institute it. Since it is a right provided by the constitution, I would think they should be rescinding laws that restrict it. I know it is semantics but if it is guaranteed by the constitution then we don't need a law.

Hope this makes sense.
    That's the governmental/societal mindset we've devolved into. "We're a nation of laws." It's like the Constitution doesn't, and never did exist. Laws already in existence are forgotten/unknown, so let's just draft another bill and we'll see if we have the votes. If there's no present law, it must be illegal. Comply up front as hard as you can, and we'll make a law that fits your self-inflicted punishment. I'm tellin' ya, some won't go outside the pen if the gate's open all night....

72sofsme

Expert
    In Florida, you are completely legal an allowed to open carry when engaged in fishing, camping, hunting or going to or returning from ...

(following copied from above link)
    790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—
    (1) DECLARATION OF POLICY.—The Legislature finds as a matter of public policy and fact that it is necessary to promote firearms safety and to curb and prevent the use of firearms and other weapons in crime and by incompetent persons without prohibiting the lawful use in defense of life, home, and property, and the use by United States or state military organizations, and as otherwise now authorized by law, including the right to use and own firearms for target practice and marksmanship on target practice ranges or other lawful places, and lawful hunting and other lawful purposes.
    (2) USES NOT AUTHORIZED.—
    (a) This section does not authorize carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, as prohibited by ss. 790.01 and 790.02.
    (b) The protections of this section do not apply to the following:
    1. A person who has been adjudged mentally incompetent, who is addicted to the use of narcotics or any similar drug, or who is a habitual or chronic alcoholic, or a person using weapons or firearms in violation of ss. 790.07-790.115, 790.145-790.19, 790.22-790.24;
    2. Vagrants and other undesirable persons as defined in 1s. 856.02;
    3. A person in or about a place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05, unless such person is there for law enforcement or some other lawful purpose.
    (3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

IronBeard

Master
    Absolutely, 7-2, that's all legal. Problem is, Karen/Ken dials 9-1-1, screams there's man with GUN!, and there is a 99.9% chance she/he will not simply be told to setttle down, people are allowed to carry guns. There's also a 99.9% chance LE is gonna show up knowing nothing more than, there's a man with GUN! Why I personally conceal, and maintain a low firearms profile.

Deersniper270

Master
    I will open/conceal carry while hunting, fishing, and camping.

Funny story a few years back was camping with some friends and family at hurricane lake and me and the boys all were open carrying at our campsite. Not causing a fuss or doing anything to bother anyone. Karen comes from 2 plots over and complains we can’t have guns at the lake. We tell her we can for self defense, just can’t shoot at the lake for target or hunting. We were courteous and did not get rude at all. She stammered off mad and called the game warden. Few hours later he shows up and doesn’t check anything about us just says stay away from her and carry on. She speed walks over to him and gives him an earful to which he tells her she is wrong. She walked away and went back to fishing. A few minutes later he asked her to come back to his truck. Checked her fishing license which she did not have and wrote her a ticket. Smiled at us and drove off.

gnappi

Expert
    Maybe Gov. DeSantis is waiting to see how you'll handle it
    . I'm not sure it's a very good idea to give EVERYBODY the right to carry a weapon WITHOUT some formal training and evaluation .
    How many times have we herd something about some LEO shooting a family dog ?
    I'm reminded of the story about Gen. Patten when he was a young officer and in NY city.

I'm with you but in reality you could get a CWL with a DD214 which doesn't necessarily mean you're a safe firearms handler.

Down here NRA "instructors" are discussing Florida law in their class, and using a sand bucket with a .22 to fulfill the competency requirement. I wish it were not so but don't think the majority of shooters in these classes are in any way "formally" trained :-(

Top Bottom