• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Med24

Shooter
    I'll be traveling soon between Mobile, AL and Natchez, Miss via Hattiesburg. Anyone know if local shops along the way to hunt for pistol components? Would love to find some bullseye powder and small pistol primers that I don't have to pay hazmat on, but I'll stop and "look" at anyplace good. Thx

boatbum101

Marksman
    Just for comparision : An 8lb jug of BE is $ 348 @ Powder Valley & SPP are $ 75 / 1K @ Natchez . 8lbs @ 5grs / load is 11,200 rnds , @ 3grs it's 18,666 rnds . So best bet is to buy in bulk . I'm sure if you're gonna buy 15 to 20 K primers & 8lbs of powder with careful shopping you can get better rates . Little extras like free shipping / free hazmat can & do help . Buy in bulk & shipping / hazmat fees become a small amount . No way a brick & mortar store unless a distributor can match prices as online is cheaper than they can buy . We're 2700 shooters with 2 1050's , 1 for 45acp & 1 for 38 HBWC . We go thru some powder / primers , add rifles & it adds up .

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Their prices are higher than a giraffes ass too !
    They really are. Tom Hand and staff are a great group, nonetheless. I like to stop in and chew the fat. Every now and then you can catch something on sale or enough of a deal to justify (like sales tax is less than shipping). YMMV.

Top Bottom