• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    If you are familiar with the Colt 22 rifles made in the late 60s and 70s you may find this interesting. This rifle first appears in the gun digest of 1962 manufactured by a company called Jefferson manufacturing company. They made a 22 long rifle model 159 and a 22 magnum model 260 both automatics. In the 1963 gun Digest Jefferson had changed names to Kodiak arms still manufacturing the model 159 and 260. The next gun digest I have is a 1966 with no mention of Kodiak arms( I have heard rumors that the Kodiak Arms Company went bankrupt and the company owner a gunsmith went to work for Colt and took his 22 Auto design with him ) Colt had started making the 22 rifle as the Courier and Colteer in 1966. Later the Colt Stagecoach was added to the lineup. It appears that all parts are interchangeable from the first Jefferson 22 automatic to the last Colt 22 automatic. Many parts are even interchangeable with the 22 magnum. As far as I know Colt never made the rifle in 22 magnum.
    20220413_124527.jpg
    In the picture from left to right is a Colt Stagecoach a Colt Colteer a Kodiak model 159 and a Kodiak model 260 22 magnum.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom