• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Finely got one.
    Popped this one chasing my rabbits.
    TS-19 Thermal with CMR30. 40 gr hp. Cci. +/- 100 yards, I'll measure tomorrow.
    I don't think he'll walk this off.... Very pleased with the rifle, thermals performance. Not bad for a 3.5 lb rifle.( plus optic 2lb?) . Good control aiming with the hera on there. He made the fatal mistake of standing still.
    Forgot to hit the video, dang it. Never took a step or made a peep. DRT. Still had 29 pews to go. Lol.

20240807_220013.jpg
    20240807_215749.jpg

Last edited:

Southalabama

Master
    From the trusted source Wikipedia

If sighted in for maximum point blank range on a 3-inch (76 mm) high target, the 40-grain (2.6 g) . 22 WMR has an effective range of nearly 125 yards (114 m). This makes the . 22 WMR an effective short to medium-range varmint rifle and hunting rifle cartridge.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    From the trusted source Wikipedia

If sighted in for maximum point blank range on a 3-inch (76 mm) high target, the 40-grain (2.6 g) . 22 WMR has an effective range of nearly 125 yards (114 m). This makes the . 22 WMR an effective short to medium-range varmint rifle and hunting rifle cartridge.
    Yep. It definitely works. Will continue to use it. Luckly there was no tall grass between me and the target to possibly turn the shot. I've had that happen using .223. That's why I considered swapping to the rarr x39.

5lima30ret

Master
    I have a Rossi RB 22 mag bolt action with a Simmons 22 mag scope that will shoot quarter sized groups at 25 yds offhand with CCI 40 gr Mini-Mags. It is a great lightweight bolt action that is well below $200!

Top Bottom