• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Quite a few ccw in our church. At one point there were crackheads hanging out in a next door hotel spotting out vehicles and members to hit up around service times. After a couple issues the hotel is now a parking lot. Although I lean on and put my trust in the Lord, he has placed me in a country/state that allows me, as a law abiding citizen, the opportunity to others means of protection.

Just Lookin

Marksman
    We live in a different world than what a lot of us grew up in. Not sure where the crazies are coming from. But, you have to be cautiously ready no matter where you are. I have no issue with it. It is just a building, the church is the followers.

JBryan314

Master
    I am a Christian, identify myself as a Baptist. I am a member at Olive Baptist. I've never carried there because I didn't have my permit yet. I do now, so once I start going back to church (soon) I'll be carrying. Does anyone know if OBC has a civilian security group? If so, please PM me. I'd be interested in helping out.

Gravity3694

Expert
    I've always carried anywhere I legally can, church just happens to be one of them. My philosophy is that any light attracts flies, the light of Jesus including. So, I'm pretty big on church security in all aspects. The only funny look I've gotten from someone who found out that I was carrying was from a associate pastor at my church. His perception changed after we went on a mission trip to the ghettos of New Orleans.

XD45

Master
    I carry
    Also my Dr just put a no gun sign up by order of sacred heart group
    I just changed doctors

sent from a S5 on tap talk

Welldoya

Master
    I used to not, then about two years ago something happened that made me start.
    One Sunday I looked around and sitting in the back were a couple of odd looking dudes wearing robes.
    All kinds of things went thru my mind, among them "what better way to put fear into Christians than to place shooters in churches all over the country?"
    For all I knew they had AKs under those robes. I told my wife and kids that if anything starts to stay low and crawl to the nearest door. I was kicking myself for not being armed.
    Turns out these guys were hippie-type Jesus freaks walking around the country and were harmless but I don't want to experience that helpless feeling again. Not that I could have done much against two guys with AK-47s but at least I could go down fighting.

Seanpcola

The more I learn about ISIS and the Muslim world the more I do believe Christian churches had better be prepared. There is going to be another Pearl Harbor and it could easily be a coordinated attack with thousands of churches getting a suicide bomber. In fact I would bet on it.

Top Bottom