• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got tickets for Fiddler on the Roof in April. They have a no gun, might pat you down, might wand you policy. Anyone been there lately? What is the real scoop? I go nowhere without my friend Sig. Thanks.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Textbook definition of a private business limiting your ability to enter their premises, which they have every right to do.

When you gotta bust caps at the Saenger at Fiddler, my bunker door's closing.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ankle holster. Wife’s purse.
    There are options
    Any system can be defeated
    No reason to be naked
    IMHO

Course then you can always plan to create a problem for yourself. If you're that worried about Fiddler, sell you ticket and don't go.

The area around there was scary as hell in the late 70s early 80s. I'd rather go there today than a mall.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Concealed Weapons​

Concealed weapons are not permitted in the Saenger Theatre. Off-duty sworn officers whose jurisdiction includes the City of Pensacola may bring their weapon inside the theatre. We ask that you check in with the Pensacola Police Officer at the Palafox entrance. They will verify your credentials and make a note of your seat location.

Bag/Article Search​

Anyone entering the Saenger Theatre is subject to a reasonable search including but not limited to a bag search, wands, and pat-downs. This includes, but is not limited to bags, purses, coats, and hats. Any bags larger than 14" X 14" X 6" are not permitted.

In the event prohibited items are revealed during a search, the guest will be asked to return to their vehicle with the item or the item will be confiscated or disposed of properly. The Saenger Theatre will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type.

The above is copied and pasted from the Saenger website

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Worse scenario is you "get it in" and it's discovered after you're inside. How bout some criminal trespass and threat of loss of your gun rights FOREVER?

You're setting yourself up for a problem to prepare for a firefight that, statistically, will not happen that night.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve carried for more than 50 years, I’ve had permission from the government to do so for about 21 years now.
    My understanding of the law is if you leave when ask to , you haven’t broken any laws. Now if you refuse to leave after being ask to then you would be guilty of criminal trespassing while armed.

Last edited:

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Concealed Weapons​

Concealed weapons are not permitted in the Saenger Theatre. Off-duty sworn officers whose jurisdiction includes the City of Pensacola may bring their weapon inside the theatre. We ask that you check in with the Pensacola Police Officer at the Palafox entrance. They will verify your credentials and make a note of your seat location.

Bag/Article Search​

Anyone entering the Saenger Theatre is subject to a reasonable search including but not limited to a bag search, wands, and pat-downs. This includes, but is not limited to bags, purses, coats, and hats. Any bags larger than 14" X 14" X 6" are not permitted.

In the event prohibited items are revealed during a search, the guest will be asked to return to their vehicle with the item or the item will be confiscated or disposed of properly. The Saenger Theatre will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type.

The above is copied and pasted from the Saenger website
    I saw that. I was asking about people with personal experience with carrying or not while there.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Course then you can always plan to create a problem for yourself. If you're that worried about Fiddler, sell you ticket and don't go.

The area around there was scary as hell in the late 70s early 80s. I'd rather go there today than a mall.
    Tell them you can't read. Buy a ceramic knife or go native with a bone/antler knife. Canes are awesome too. Research the Tueller Principle. It applies in a crowd. A gun really can lose in a knife fight. I do not advocate breaking the law and carrying a gun in an official gun free zone. I just won't go. Vote with your wallet AND let the venue know

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve carried for more than 50 years, I’ve had permission from the government to do so for about 21 years now.
    My understanding of the law is if you leave when ask to , you haven’t broken any laws. Now if you refuse to leave after being ask to then you would be guilty o criminal trespassing while armed.

Argue that while you're arm's bent behind your back. Use some common sense here. Just don't go if it is that big a deal.

You ever been in jail on a firearms related charge?

Last edited:

Dale1936

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My wife and I go to the Saenger Theatre regularly. The wands that they use will detect firearms. I feel safe enough to travel to and from my car and while attending the events without my companion. The risk / reward attempting to take my companion inside is not worth it. We enjoy our time attending events.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife and I go to the Saenger Theatre regularly. The wands that they use will detect firearms. I feel safe enough to travel to and from my car and while attending the events without my companion. The risk / reward attempting to take my companion inside is not worth it. We enjoy our time attending events.

My caveat to a Saenger run today (as opposed to 40 years ago) is that I'd prefer not to do it on a "Gallery Night". The mall meets fight club.

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was there for an event this past November and they had a walk through metal detector set up at the entrance.

So, seems they are pretty serious about enforcing their policy. They have every right to do so. And, I would expect them to if I was so worried about needing to leave my gat behind. I'd wanna make darn sure none of them other pimps and hoes at Fiddler were packin while I'm not. Improvised weapons only! Put down that fiddle bow, man!!

Vote with your feet, as they say. Don't go.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, seems they are pretty serious about enforcing their policy. They have every right to do so. And, I would expect them to if I was so worried about needing to leave my gat behind. I'd wanna make darn sure none of them other pimps and hoes at Fiddler were packin while I'm not. Improvised weapons only! Put down that fiddle bow, man!!

(Vote with your feet, as they say. Don't go.)
    That is the most sensible thing you posted in this thread
    Argue that while you're arm's bent behind your back. Use some common sense here. Just don't go if it is that big a deal.

You ever been in jail on a firearms related charge?
    I have not had that pleasure. I take it you have and didn’t care for the experience.

Top Bottom