• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was there in October and had to walk through a metal detector to get in. My carry gun and automatic knife were locked in the car safe, but the detector did not pick up on the folding credit card style blade I keep in my wallet. Once I sat down it came out of the wallet, was folded into the proper shape for use and left in a convenient and easy to access place. That one has not been picked up by a metal detector yet, although I have not had the opportunity to try it at an airport detector. :)

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Not a new issue, and I cannot find the thread that I did before on it. It got pretty warm in sections and may have been deleted. It was mentioned in another thread;

"This has made me reconsider my irritation on the Bay Center and Seville Theater concessionaire with similar restrictions, to a greater degree of intrusive enforcement, and Monday I will seek a civil rights attny to address those issues with FSS 790.33. Any interested that would consider joining a class action on that issue, please PM me only your interest so I will have some idea of possible number should the lawyer have any interest since the more involved, the higher the recovery, and perhaps the more willing an attny would be to engage."

Both the bay center and the Sanger are owned by government, county owns Center and city owns Sanger. I could not find any Atty interested, county and city attys did not respond and FDLE confirmed there was no teeth in the statute forbidding any lower govt level from violating the statute. I did not check to see if the stature stands, I just choose to not patronize these locations.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Exactly Ray, going anywhere ii Escambia without a lot of firepower is not a good idea if it can be avoided. I have posted the stats before and they are not hard to find. Hillsborough levels of violent crime with a quarter of the population.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Not a new issue, and I cannot find the thread that I did before on it. It got pretty warm in sections and may have been deleted. It was mentioned in another thread;

"This has made me reconsider my irritation on the Bay Center and Seville Theater concessionaire with similar restrictions, to a greater degree of intrusive enforcement, and Monday I will seek a civil rights attny to address those issues with FSS 790.33. Any interested that would consider joining a class action on that issue, please PM me only your interest so I will have some idea of possible number should the lawyer have any interest since the more involved, the higher the recovery, and perhaps the more willing an attny would be to engage."

Both the bay center and the Sanger are owned by government, county owns Center and city owns Sanger. I could not find any Atty interested, county and city attys did not respond and FDLE confirmed there was no teeth in the statute forbidding any lower govt level from violating the statute. I did not check to see if the stature stands, I just choose to not patronize these locations.

May be owned by the city but managed by a property management company and since other buildings not owned by that company have different policies good luck proving the city is the one to institute the policy.

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I were a rich man,
    Daidle deedle daidle
    Daidle daidle deedle daidle dumb
    All day long I'd biddy-biddy-bum
    If I were a wealthy man.
    I wouldn't have to work hard,
    Daidle deedle daidle
    Daidle daidle deedle daidle dumb
    Lord who made the lion and the lamb,
    You decreed I should be what I am
    Would it spoil some vast, eternal plan,
    If I were a wealthy man?

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    IMHO
    The brethren should do what they think is best for each individually. Everyone should do their own risk analysis.
    Me personally? I don’t worry about the “statistical probability“ or really any other factor. I am prepared 100% of the time. But that is me as an individual. And I will accept responsibility for my actions. And woe be it to anybody who provides a credible threat to me and mine. I have money for lawyers. And I would rather be judged by 12, then carried by six. (I know…trite axiom).
    If they ask me to leave… I will.
    IMHO

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I was there in October and had to walk through a metal detector to get in. My carry gun and automatic knife were locked in the car safe, but the detector did not pick up on the folding credit card style blade I keep in my wallet. Once I sat down it came out of the wallet, was folded into the proper shape for use and left in a convenient and easy to access place. That one has not been picked up by a metal detector yet, although I have not had the opportunity to try it at an airport detector. :)
    While the bay center or the saenger may just ask you to leave.....you are already in the airport with a weapon ever before going through the checkpoint. I'd assume your weapon would be gone forever and you would probably get a trip to the city jail. One place I would not chance anything.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have not read through this whole thread however my idea is simple… you cannot be arrested, nor can your property be confiscated for ignorance of the buildings rules. Play ignorant to the rule, don’t bring it up, if they wand you or pat you down return to your vechicle and decide if it is worth it to you to go inside or not and see the show unarmed. My bet is you roll right in with a loaded gun and don’t say a word they all be none to the wiser.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I definately am not the sharpest knife in the drawer ... BUT ... I would like to think that I had the forethought to check all this BEFORE purchasing tickets. ---- SAWMAN

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I hate going somewhere without my carry weapon, but there are some times where I have to attend a venue without one. I'm extremely lucky to have a wife who has just as good, if not better situational awareness that I. Might be because women look at each others shoes, but it works for me!

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Got tickets for Fiddler on the Roof in April. They have a no gun, might pat you down, might wand you policy. Anyone been there lately? What is the real scoop? I go nowhere without my friend Sig. Thanks.
    OP...that's easy........

Stick it in your prison purse and anything short of a body cavity search..... you're in there!!! LOL!!!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    they have metal detectors, along with hand wands if your belt buckle makes it go off

Top Bottom