APOD Firearms

...but we're not recording personal data...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Dear Customer,

As of June 28, 2022, Fed Ex implemented a change in their shipping procedure; ID scanning to be required for adult signatures. Their scanning technology will:

• Capture the recipient’s name associated with the ID and auto-populate the first initial and last name.
    • Confirm the recipient is 21 years or older.

Their software does not record any other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, phone number(s), birthdate, home address, etc.). See more information about this here.

Due to a change in policy from our freighter, SIG SAUER is implementing a change in our shipping procedure.

As of 1 September 2022, controlled items shipped via Fed Ex will require the following:

• Adult Signature Required
    • Scanning of driver's license in order to verify age upon delivery

If the recipient refuses to show ID as proof of age and signature, SIG SAUER will consider the shipment as refused, which could incur restocking or reshipping fees.

We appreciate your assistance in ensuring we are all in compliance with these new industry shipping protocols.
    Terms and conditions: All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names and logos appearing in this email are the property of their respective owners. No trademark or service mark appearing in this email may be used without the prior written consent of the mark’s owner.

We are sending this email because you have either registered your firearm with us, registered for our newsletters, or entered one of our promotions. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, as this email address is used only for sending information about special promotions or surveys. This mailbox is not monitored. If you need assistance or have questions regarding our products or services, please call (603)-610-3000 option 1, and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you.

SIG SAUER Inc.,
    72 Pease Boulevard, Newington, NH 03801
    (603) 610-3000
    sigsauer.com

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sounds like they better get ready to switch delivery companies. This will kind of be a backdoor way to register or track used gun parts that are sent for repairs. Thats if the government gets the data, which they will if they just ask for it.

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. I meant to say "gun parts". I edited it. SIG is especially unique to this I'd say because they have such modular "guns". But if you order a whole pistol minus its FCU to your house it's not even a gun technically. It's just parts. Or supposed to be anyways

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I ship all my stuff to the FFL that requires a signature. We're not home alot. Just easier.
    I'd hope SIG wouldn't send you one directly. Lol.
    Say you order a red dot, a grip module.
    One side of me says the government knows you're buying gun parts, which means you have guns.
    The other half thinks that sig and FedEx are just covering their ass from lawsuits.
    Could be a mixture of each.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmm, I wonder if there is a link between SIG implementing these new requirements and the huge government contracts they just picked up. Nah, probably not...

Top Bottom