HD Tactical

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Intent and ability. Exactly what the ATF wants to hear.
    They're not gonna stop selling things like the MCX pistols. They just won't ship with a brace or stock. That rail you keep referring to don't touch your shoulder. That's how I said I'd be using it.
    You're logic of intent and ability applies to tubes as a whole also. It implies they will have to get rid of buffer tubes altogether. Since a brace can slide onto one. So the better ban the tube also. Better yet they better weld up that wicked hole where tubes thread into just so no one can put anything back there, just in case
    Rails will be fine.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Then how do you expect said AR pistol to function? Read again and report back.
    There are already plenty of AR pistols with the spring on top of the upper receiver and no buffer tubes at all. And then there's the Keltec. Oh and every AK pistol, including the IWI AK pistol that takes AR mags

Screenshot_20230122-020455.png
    Screenshot_20230122-020411.png
    Screenshot_20230122-020644.png

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    R's don't have the votes to do jack, so they come off the ropes to look tough.

They didn't do anything from '16-18 when they could have walked stuff through without question.
    There's a lot of truth in your words. This was Jeff Miller's tactic of choice at the end of his run. Gaetz followed Miller, and I like that he is finally stepping out, but still gotta see real results.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do any of you realize this new ruling could also be part of an internet/community information sharing/chat operation that the government is conducting to prevent a future uproar in future developing gun laws that are surely coming down the line.....

Just think about it for a minute. The Intel that they are gathering on how fast the news spreads in which areas "where to sent the most UN troops", the threats, the number of people claiming they wont comply, what Google searches you made, what items you may have stocked up on in preparation for "battle" of this injustice.

Don't mind me I'm off my rocker today.
    Agreed, but Dude, more intel is passed every day via calls, e-mails, and letters, to "representatives." We're all probably guilty of that to some extent. In the end, "they" have all they need, can spin what they have to further "their" cause, and 99% of the population will just go along. Let Freedom ring.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It amazes me that some people, including some on this forum, are already trying to ditch their pistol braces. Nothing like running scared over a regulation that is not even official yet and is already being legally contested as well as being condemned by many members of the U.S. Congress. Stop getting your panties in a wad and chill. Hang onto to your pistol braces and your pistols. Additionally, this whole proposed regulation change is really for one reason and that is to have a federal registry. Nevermind that every law governing firearms is in clear violation of the Constitution starting with the National Firearms Act of 1934. It never has stopped criminals from getting the weapons they choose to have and no gun laws ever will.
    Yes, but, It's The Law! Eyes rolling...

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone should make a shooter's vest or jacket that has a padded shoulder area that excepts a buffer tube. Then AFT can add a C to their name and start regulating clothing. Hell, maybe even classify people as firearms. I hope to be classified as a machine gun instead of a SBR. Makes for a better pick up line at the bar.
    I just want to stay classified as some old broken guy that doesn't know ___, and should go take a nap. :cool:

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yes, but, It's The Law! Eyes rolling...
    Well, I mean, it's a "rule" not a law per se, also it still isn't actually on the federal register, so it's not even a rule yet. They dropped this early without adding it to the federal register to get people angry and force a response, and they timed it with a large firearms expo.

Top Bottom