• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slick75

Shooter
    Well they arent near as nice as some of the others that have me feeling strangely inadequate but heres my contribution.Rifles.jpg

Thinking of putting a Tapco set-up on the SKS, cant make up my mind. Some days I like it the way it is, other days I want to dress it up.

Attachments

• Rifles.jpg
      Rifles.jpg
      206.3 KB · Views: 582

ksenter

Master
    leave the SKS as is, it looks badass NOW!

take that red dot off the top of the other optic and get a 45degree rail mount for it. Mount it just forward of the other on an angle and learn to tilt the weapon for the close acquisition shots.

something like this
    526-021.jpg

I just cant imagine that its comfortable to try to get a sight picture that high up above the bore axis

bronxbomber252

Shooter

AR by bronxbomber252, on Flickr

Anderson lower

PSA lower parts kit, M4 pistol grip and M4 stock

AIM Surplus upper and bolt carrier group (their stuff is made by Spikes Tactical)

Daniel Defense Cold Hammer Forged 16in barrel (gov profile) with mid-length gas system

Magpul MOE handguards

Inforce HSP WML Light

Troy BUIS

VTAC Padded Sling

Finished it about a 1 month ago, just added the light and sling 2 weeks ago

Still considering an Aimpoint PRO.

DragonSlayer

Expert

AR by bronxbomber252, on Flickr

Anderson lower

PSA lower parts kit, M4 pistol grip and M4 stock

AIM Surplus upper and bolt carrier group (their stuff is made by Spikes Tactical)

Daniel Defense Cold Hammer Forged 16in barrel (gov profile) with mid-length gas system

Magpul MOE handguards

Inforce HSP WML Light

Troy BUIS

VTAC Padded Sling

Finished it about a 1 month ago, just added the light and sling 2 weeks ago

Still considering an Aimpoint PRO.

Looks great! I'm liking that front handgaurd.

bronxbomber252

Shooter
    Thanks!! The MOE handguard is an amazing bang for the buck. Comfy, light, cheap, and the MOE rail sections attach very securely. Really can't complain.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Its not about how cool they look or how expensive they are. I fear the man who has one rifle that's beat to hell and he shoots it all the time. I have too many guns to be super efficient wth any one gun. Just saying.... Nice SkS
    Well they arent near as nice as some of the others that have me feeling strangely inadequate but heres my contribution.View attachment 9249

Thinking of putting a Tapco set-up on the SKS, cant make up my mind. Some days I like it the way it is, other days I want to dress it up.

Jeep

Shooter
    My Black Beauty

2013-06-23 17.56.14-1.jpg2013-06-23 17.54.35 - Copy.jpg
    Saturday Nite Special

Attachments

• 2013-06-23 17.54.35 - Copy.jpg
      2013-06-23 17.54.35 - Copy.jpg
      201.6 KB · Views: 372
    • 2013-06-23 17.56.14-1.jpg
      2013-06-23 17.56.14-1.jpg
      75 KB · Views: 377
    Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    So I got a Tan Eotech 553 used for a good price for night vision use... but it didn't match my 6.8... So I got some new stuff :D.

It had a 13" Troy VTAC rail on it, with a Trijicon 1-4X24 in a Larue mount with a black MIAD grip and black CTR, loved the setup, but the Trijicon isn't compatible with with my PVS14 so I had to make a change.

photo 1 (1).jpg

I added a Parallax Tactical 13" Rail in FDE, a FDE MIAD grip, FDE STR (for all of the batteries I am going to need for the IR laser, PVS and Eotech :D) and threw one of the Magpul MS4 slings on it.

I really like that rail system, it feels slimmer and lighter than the troy, but still has rails in front and back where you need them, as well as 4 built in quick detach sling cups. It came cerakoted FDE and that, I am not as impressed with... Just taking the picture and placing it on the metal pegboard hooks scratched the finish a bit... judging by that, I am not sure that its going to be the most durable finish in the world.

I am thinking that I am gonna get a CQBL-1 IR / Visible laser for it, along with one of the vampire series surefire scout lights to use as an illuminator... not totally sure yet though. Its between that and one of the DBAL D2's.

photo 3 (3).jpg

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).jpg
      photo 1 (1).jpg
      140.7 KB · Views: 598
    • photo 3 (3).jpg
      photo 3 (3).jpg
      175.4 KB · Views: 649

Blackeyes

Expert
    So I got a Tan Eotech 553 used for a good price for night vision use... but it didn't match my 6.8... So I got some new stuff :D.

It had a 13" Troy VTAC rail on it, with a Trijicon 1-4X24 in a Larue mount with a black MIAD grip and black CTR, loved the setup, but the Trijicon isn't compatible with with my PVS14 so I had to make a change.

View attachment 10754

I added a Parallax Tactical 13" Rail in FDE, a FDE MIAD grip, FDE STR (for all of the batteries I am going to need for the IR laser, PVS and Eotech :D) and threw one of the Magpul MS4 slings on it.

I really like that rail system, it feels slimmer and lighter than the troy, but still has rails in front and back where you need them, as well as 4 built in quick detach sling cups. It came cerakoted FDE and that, I am not as impressed with... Just taking the picture and placing it on the metal pegboard hooks scratched the finish a bit... judging by that, I am not sure that its going to be the most durable finish in the world.

I am thinking that I am gonna get a CQBL-1 IR / Visible laser for it, along with one of the vampire series surefire scout lights to use as an illuminator... not totally sure yet though. Its between that and one of the DBAL D2's.

View attachment 10755
    So, is the 553 up for sale??

ben_p

Marksman
    Ian, that second setup isn't black so it's not welcome in this thread.

Seriously though, you have some cool shit.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    So, is the 553 up for sale??

The tan 553 replaced the Trijicon, its staying... :D

Ian, that second setup isn't black so it's not welcome in this thread.

Seriously though, you have some cool shit.

I mean technically, the receivers are still black... so it kinda fits right?

I don't have a picture but I did manage to get a helluva deal on a Surefire 952V IR / White light in FDE thats mounted on it now, all I need to complete it is the IR laser which is currently out of stock at TNVC and I'll have my night hunting setup all ready to go. I can't wait to see what it is like out in the woods with the PVS 14 and the laser / illumination setup.

madeSICC88

Master
    Haven't posted my rifle in here yet, still trying to decide on a red dot.
    temporary.jpg

It's a Stag model 2T.

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea I'll have to save a little longer for that, most spare money is going towards our new child bills so saving is going a little slower. Might get something a little cheaper to hold me at bay till I can get something quality.

My Brother in law has a BSA red dot on one of his SBRs and I really like that one, not able to get a hold of him for a few more months so I can't find out what the model number on his was.

Top Bottom