• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkness_Actual

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    It's very light. Most of it is polymer

It's cool and all, being what it is and the rarity of having a Chinese military rifle. It felt cheap. It is mostly polymer similar to the UMP and MP7. I don't recall what caliber it shoots but it's a proprietary round. Believe it or not, this rifle is privately owned and he brought it in looking for a sling set up as close as the Chinese one as he could get. He built it on parts smuggled out of and imported from China. The length of pull on it is really short and any normal sized person will have a little bit of trouble shouldering it comfortably. The gentleman that brought it in was Chinese too. We joked a bit after he left about being a Chinese spy. To my knowledge, the u.s doesn't have one in it's possession. I know a guy that trained foreign troops and got medically discharged a couple years ago. And he was saying he didn't think the u.s had one to examine. Complete unicorn rifle.
    Interesting.

Recondo 101

Shooter
    My custom AR by bush hog. Bet you do not have one like it?

IMG_0514.jpeg

A New Frontier early polymer AR hit a stump hole on the tractor threw it out of the fender rack, up n the air and I ran over it with a 6 ft Bush Hog. Cut it up with a saws all, took it apart, Went to the Ft Walton Show at the Fair Grounds that afternoon, got a new upper from the nice lady from Tallahassee and before dark shot a 1/2 inch group with it on my range, Made a bungie cord keeper, drilled two holes in the butt boot, strapped it down and went back to curtting.

You can rebuild an AR in a few minutes, with parts. Took longer to pick up the pieces to make the photo than to fix it.

Darkness_Actual

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I recently finished a 12.5 1/7 "retro" A2 upper and shall be starting the lower soon. Don't mind the Amazon light mount it's going to be removed.
    IMG_20240718_185716_658.jpg

Darkness_Actual

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    My "Colt RO933" 12.5 AR pistol. Not sure if which heat shields I like or if I want a quad rail with rail covers. I also decided to use a milspec trigger guard which is going on tomorrow.
    IMG_20240815_215212_306.jpg

Top Bottom