• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is probably old info as I haven't really been buying stuff for a while . Checkmate & Metalform used to make about 80% of the OEM mags . I don't know if that's still true . Colt mags are made by Checkmate . MecGar used to make Nighthawks mags . The Wilson 47D is vastly overated , expensive & follower rocks . Can't say about their new Elites . For range mags I used to buy the Metalform 7 or 8 round both flat w/ dimple for ball / jacketed & rounded for lead SWC loads . IIRC about $5 each if you bought a case . If they choked I'd see if a spring / follower or lips were the culprit . Second time they choked in the trash . For other uses the Checkmate hybrid 8 round got the nod . I'd wait 'til Cote had 'em on sale , sometimes if you got enough you could get them for $ 8-10 each .
    1911 feeding problems most often are mag / extractor related .

ilovemy45

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes, I know it's sacrilege to have a 1911 chambered in 9mm. That being said, where's the best place to find reliable mags for it without breaking the bank? I know Wilson Combat makes some of the best ones, but they aren't the only game in town. What other brands do you recommend and where is the best place to get them without breaking the bank? Are Mecgar mags for 1911's decent? They've been great in the Beretta 92 and CZ75's I've had through the years. Not even sure I'm gonna end up keeping the gun, but if I do, I definitely need more than the one mag that Springfield included with it.
    I use mecgar exclusively. They are good to go.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I use mecgar exclusively. They are good to go.
    I've used them exclusively in CZ's and Berettas and always had good luck with them. Finding them in stock for 9mm 1911's though, that's been a bitch. At about $20/each and their known reliability across most platforms, then it's understandable why they're always sold out. I'd love 10 or so of them, but I'd be happy to get my hands on 2.

ilovemy45

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've used them exclusively in CZ's and Berettas and always had good luck with them. Finding them in stock for 9mm 1911's though, that's been a bitch. At about $20/each and their known reliability across most platforms, then it's understandable why they're always sold out. I'd love 10 or so of them, but I'd be happy to get my hands on 2.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah, need government/full size mags, but thanks. I haven't checked that sight yet.

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to clarify. Chip McCormick does not make Wilson Combat magazines and Wilson Combat owns Chip McCormick now. Wilson Combat Chip McCormick Mecgar and Metalform all work great.

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, I know it's sacrilege to have a 1911 chambered in 9mm. That being said, where's the best place to find reliable mags for it without breaking the bank? I know Wilson Combat makes some of the best ones, but they aren't the only game in town. What other brands do you recommend and where is the best place to get them without breaking the bank? Are Mecgar mags for 1911's decent? They've been great in the Beretta 92 and CZ75's I've had through the years. Not even sure I'm gonna end up keeping the gun, but if I do, I definitely need more than the one mag that Springfield included with it.
    I ordered several 9mm mags for my 1911 frame from Brawnells. They weren’t too pricey, and shooting a lot, I haven’t had any issues. Good Luck

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think I have Tripp and Wilson Combat 1911 9mm mags around here. If you can wait until this afternoon I can get you an exact count/brand.

Baldwin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tripp Cobramag
    Chip McCormick
    Wilson Combat

I tried Metalform and they didn't work too well. Shop wisely but don't cheap out.

Top Bottom