• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My golf glove is a Men's Small Cadet, so I've got small hands. So what is the best wooden grip on S&W K-L Frame Revolvers for folks with small hands?
    Providing a place of purchase for the grip of your choice would be preferred, but not required.
    Thinking that an open back strap would allow for min trigger reach?
    Thanks for Y'all's opinions, inputs, and experience.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found an Almont ? than took a dremal to it till it fit my hand
    Is that altamont?
    Memory Flaws & Typo's. Happens to all of us, or are you introducing me to Almont which I know nothing of?
    Thanks. Now about your recommended style???????

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For Wood I like stock magnas with a pachmayr adapter(I have a bk grips adapter on a colt and it’s honestly a better made product), and that’s what I run on the squares. Altamonts are nice enough but I didn’t like how big and round the actual shape was. Houges look nice but I’ve found that houge places utility behind aesthetics and for me, k frames are a working gun first. A friend gave me a pair of zebra wood wrap arounds combat grips from Thailand that looked good and fit was great, but they live on my dads 64.

But my favorite is by far the pach compac pro followed close second by the crimson trace with an open backstrap on a round butt. I guess it doesn’t look as pretty I guess, but in theory no one sees it. Again, I see them as a tool first.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For Wood I like stock magnas with a pachmayr adapter(I have a bk grips adapter on a colt and it’s honestly a better made product), and that’s what I run on the squares. Altamonts are nice enough but I didn’t like how big and round the actual shape was. Houges look nice but I’ve found that houge places utility behind aesthetics and for me, k frames are a working gun first. A friend gave me a pair of zebra wood wrap arounds combat grips from Thailand that looked good and fit was great, but they live on my dads 64.

But my favorite is by far the pach compac pro followed close second by the crimson trace with an open backstrap on a round butt. I guess it doesn’t look as pretty I guess, but in theory no one sees it. Again, I see them as a tool first.
    This is a special application. It's Grandpa's Hunting Partner. (L-Frame S&W 69)
    It is a tool first of all (when I drop the primary hunting rifle it's got to come out of the holster and finish the task) but since one of the Grandchildren will inherit it someday, It needs a to have a little "Bling" when they post it's picture on-line sometime in the future............

Attachments

• s_w_model_69_revolver_44_mag.jpg
      s_w_model_69_revolver_44_mag.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 70

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 for Altamont. I have their grips on my 629 and 69. Needed something that didn't cover the back strap to improve trigger reach; big palms, short fingers (paws?). Went without any checkering./texture, and really like 'em.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Altamont are nice but they have a 4-6 week lead time right now. I hopped on ebay and found a set of factory S&W target grips - honestly they're my favorite of all.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I know its not wood but VZ. Love their stuff! They have all sorts of color options. 686+ right here.
    20210825_162918.jpg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m sure this fellow could make you some fine grips. Couple of K-round examples. Imagine there is a pretty long wait but probably worth the time. The fancy checkering is nice but price goes up a lot.

Well Mr Spegel left a message for me this morning saying that he usually never has any grips in stock and that waiting list is a “Few Years”.
    Was wondering why his grips sell for 100s of dollars when they pop up for sale second hand. Now I know why.

Attachments

• B38B9C74-81EF-4654-8E4F-9F9642AAEEEB.png
      B38B9C74-81EF-4654-8E4F-9F9642AAEEEB.png
      2.4 MB · Views: 66
    • EE9CA951-D485-4175-A141-964A123B2208.png
      EE9CA951-D485-4175-A141-964A123B2208.png
      2.4 MB · Views: 67
    Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Altamont are nice but they have a 4-6 week lead time right now. I hopped on ebay and found a set of factory S&W target grips - honestly they're my favorite of all.
    I know I'm late, but FWIW, I ordered my last set about 2-3 months back. The web site said 4-6 weeks, but I had 'em in about ten days. I think it depends on whether they have 'em, or have to make 'em.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom