• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sold my house in Cantonment moved up to Milton where I have a decent spread. I set up some game cams and got lots of cool critters (deer, coyotes, etc) so I wanted something something I could scan the fields and see what was there... and to be able to shoot what I can shoot legally at night. I did a bunch of research and settled on the ATN X-Sight 4K Pro and went ahead and got with ATN Supernova light with it. I also got the ABL (add on range finder but the one I received was used when I got it so I sent it back for a new one).

I mounted it yesterday and took it out to my range at the hunting club. I shot one round at 100yds and it was about 6" high and 8" to the left. I used the one shot zero and moved the cross hairs to the POI. It's very easy on this because it leaves the existing cross hairs in place so you can align it where you originally aimed and where it hit. I hit save and took 3 more shots and they were all within 1/2" at 100yds so I was happy.

I took it hunting yesterday afternoon and didn't see any deer during the daylight. Around 6:05pm, I switched over to night vision mode and was impressed immediately with the scope. The light, not so much but it was very powerful. I did some research and found it's not very adjustable so I ordered another. I have some red lights from Wicked so I ordered their bad ass IR one that is adjustable. The scope came with one which would probably have worked fine but I didn't have it with me to test.

About 6:25pm I had a small doe that came out and she didn't have any clue that I was watching her until I accidentally knocked my drink over in the excitement.

This morning, I scanned the field before sunrise and was able to see 4 deer with ease. As you can see in the videos, the light doesn't fill the scope unless it's zoomed in about 1/2 way.

Doe is about 100 yards out. The feeder in the next video is at 200yds (uploading soon).

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    atn has tons of issues made in china, little support and the reason they are cheap...buy a better brand if you are able. The waith in digital and Pulsar in Thermal . Good luck

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    atn has tons of issues made in china, little support and the reason they are cheap...buy a better brand if you are able. The waith in digital and Pulsar in Thermal . Good luck
    For the price I paid ($649), I am aware it's a toy but I had to sneak it under the radar of my wife knowing. All my hunting rifles have higher end Leopold's on them.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've got the photon xt. It works great. I looked at the atn just too many buttons and gizmos and software. Mine is turn on and shoot. That's it. Fixed power. But if you are enjoying it that's great!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    With a NVD it is all about the IR illuminator. If I were planning on NV I would budget for a long range illuminator. The variety that does not emit a redish glow. It does not bother hogs but could spook a closer in coyote. Also one that the beam can be colluminated.
    In the above vids I really like the resolution between the deer and the red crosshair. That is much better than my older thermal.
    Hope you enjoy that unit. ---- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My atn x-sight is a paper weight!!! It fails to turn on and atn does nothing to fix it! They simply say that they can't get parts to fix it and all they offer me is $50 off a new one!

All I wanted was mine to work. No luck and no support what so ever!!!

Will not ever but another ATN product!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just wanted to give some updates. So far, it's been working great. You guys scared me a little thinking I bought junk but maybe they have worked out some of the kinks and bugs (of I just haven't used it enough yet). It did lock up once when I was trying to download a video but I wouldn't be doing that while in the field and a long 20 second hold on the power button solved the issue.

- I got the ABL 1000 range finder set up and it's pretty slick. One press of a button and it will range the target and adjust the elevation based on the profile. I've got a profile for the AR10, and since I load my own ammo, I know all the details to put into the profile (165gr Sierra Gameking, 2520fps). It's zeroed at 100yds so when I range something at 400, I can see the reticle move and also see the adjustments made on the screen. If I enter wind, it will adjust windage based on the internal compass on the scope as well.

- I used the included IR light last night and it worked decent. It filled the scope better than the SuperNova light but wasn't as bright. It was plenty bright for my needs but fell off about 300 yds. I have a Wicked Lights coming today to try tonight. I didn't see any animals last night due to the weather/wind so hopefully tonight will be better and I can take some video.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, went hunting this afternoon and didn't get much action. Had a spike come in around 6pm. I caught his eye in the woods first which was nice because it let me know what direction he came from. I knew they liked coming out at that spot, just didn't know what direction they were coming to it from. Here is the video from tonight with the new (and awesome) Wicked Lights A48ir light. The light is very nice for the price and included a nice mount, two batteries and it fully dimmable and focusable. He came out at 100 yards and walked to the feeder where he was 188 yards.

Top Bottom