• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone bought or used a polymer lower manufactured by American Tactical / Omni? I ran across these in a store called Gear Shed in Homer, AK. Normally $84.99 -- they were on sale for $49.99 I simply couldn't pass it up at that price. I figure if we have another "black rifle panic" in the future, I should be able to flip it for a profit... If they have good reviews, I may pick up one or two more tomorrow after my work appointments.

Let me know the good, bad, ugly on these polymer lowers. I've been impressed with the 1911s ATI has been importing from the Philippines - but these are being made in the US in Rochester, NY.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've transferred a few. I haven't seen any testing or side by side comparison but my opinion is that the ATIs APPEAR to be a much more refined product. Not sure how they compare performance wise. I've not had any problems with my NFA.

Before the craze, the ATIs were running in the low $40s I think.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel good about the $49 price. They are definitely "Made in the USA" on the side -- complete with a US Flag imprint. I may move my CMMG dedicated 22LR upper over to this lower. Then, I can set the existing DelTon lower up for a 6.5 Grendel to go with my 50 Beowulf and 21 Genghis...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well after finding this torture test on the omni and watching the NFA one on their website I would stay away from the omni. The advanced polymer used in the NFA is much stronger than the omni even though I really like the fit and finish of the omni over the NFA.

Scuba, I am wondering how it will hold up to being frozen? Much easier to break when it is. I have used many of the NFA and other than the finish, which can be cleaned up, they have never failed on me. NFA discusses their polymer blend where omni does not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxXy-03noM0

Last edited:

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can also get a PSA blemished lower for $10 more and they aren't polymer..

Top Bottom